SPD performance trombone resonator delete kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott hughes

Reaction score
Just a quick question. I have a GEN 2 and wanted to know if the SPD Trombone Resonator Delete Kit is worth the money and does it add any more HP and MPG. Plus what muffler do you guys recommend for the GEN 2. Thanks everyone for help.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey there, looks like youre new but welcome to FRF. Im sure a moderator can move this post as you posted it in the detailing forum. @Big Blue or @Shaggy possibly?

On the note of your topic, yes I ran the SPD Trombone on my gen 2 and I as well paired it with the SPD Downpipes and AWE 2FG Exhaust muffler. I think the sound was really good, however the downpipes did make it slightly loud for my taste. Id either do an OEM muffler, the gen 2 HX Muffler by SPD, or dont do downpipes.

We have quite a few trombones in stock at Hammer Performance and we have I believe 2 HX mufflers right now. If youre interested I can assist you with pricing on them.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there, looks like youre new but welcome to FRF. Im sure a moderator can move this post as you posted it in the detailing forum. @Big Blue or @Shaggy possibly?

On the note of your topic, yes I ran the SPD Trombone on my gen 2 and I as well paired it with the SPD Downpipes and AWE 2FG Exhaust muffler. I think the sound was really good, however the downpipes did make it slightly loud for my taste. Id either do an OEM muffler, the gen 2 HX Muffler by SPD, or dont do downpipes.

We have quite a few trombones in stock at Hammer Performance and we have I believe 2 HX mufflers right now. If youre interested I can assist you with pricing on them.

Moved.