Resonator Delete and Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zenrael

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I searched for the answer to this but couldn't find any related threads. I'm a relatively new owner here I've had my Gen 2 about a year now and I'm looking to buy a resonator delete either the SPD Trombone or the AWE 2FG. My main concern is towing with a resonator delete. I'm curious if there is a lot of drone whilst towing. If so this is something I don't want to occur. Just looking to spice up the sound of the truck a little bit without being obnoxious or having any drone. Please weigh in if you've done a res delete mod and what your experience was towing or with drone. Thanks!

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SPD trombone. No complaint here when pulling heavy loads out to the ranch 4.5 hours away. I hear the exhaust constantly but its never bothersome.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add that my increase in volume is most noticeable at 2k rpm, cruising on the highway, around 75-80 mph. But although its louder i dont find it to be overly intrusive. It just engine sounds and nothing like a fart cannon or head buzzing drone.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I searched for the answer to this but couldn't find any related threads. I'm a relatively new owner here I've had my Gen 2 about a year now and I'm looking to buy a resonator delete either the SPD Trombone or the AWE 2FG. My main concern is towing with a resonator delete. I'm curious if there is a lot of drone whilst towing. If so this is something I don't want to occur. Just looking to spice up the sound of the truck a little bit without being obnoxious or having any drone. Please weigh in if you've done a res delete mod and what your experience was towing or with drone. Thanks!
Might be late for a reply on this thread but I am a new member, We have the SPD Downpipes with built in turbo adapters, and trombone pipe as well, does it sound good? Yes, sounds like a GTR, perfect for bombing around and beating the crap out of. We just did a. 1100 km (700 Miles) round trip towing this month in a single day... 2800 lbs travelling down, 6000 lbs travelling up. Any time we were in boost pulling a grade, it made my ears want to bleed. BUT and this is a big but, compared to towing with stock downpipes, these SPD pipes with built in adapters made a world of difference.. Hills that were normally 6th gear, we did in 8th with cruise control set at 110 kmh ( 70mph )