What I've found thus far......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
My son works on the B-1B Lancer and said if the techs get something wrong and there is an accident or someone dies because they didn't check their work they would face a Court-Martial.

Something tells me Ford assembly line workers don't have to worry about anything like that.

Yeah exactly, if you're negligent working on an aircraft in the civilian side you're going to jail. That's because the stakes are so high. You lose a tiny ass machine-screw while putting something back together on the airplane, well guess what airplane isn't moving an inch and who isn't going home till its found?

Automotive to Avaiation is such a shit comparison on many, many levels.

Can we do legos construction vs skyscraper construction next?

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, lets compare a $70k truck with a multi-million-dollar airliner. Next lets do a bottle rocket and an ICBM shall we?

Also that's a sweet green D.A.R.E. Bracelet in the lower part of the pic...

giphy.gif

It's not the straight up comparison of aviation to trucks (thought that would stump several of you...geez), it's the comparison of quality of work and what you think about your job. You think because it's an airplane, the quality should be better. I think if you leave your workplace a junk heap or leave 'nuts and bolts' laying around, then it makes me wonder what else you skimped on.....and that one thing may be the thing that causes something else bad to happen, to me, to you or your or my family.

It's a quality conversation. Simple. If you don't agree, then more or likely you don't value the concept of ownership in the way I do. I see it everyday with those I work with, alongside or know.

The 'bracelet' is also what I found in the engine compartment (it was a strap).

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's not the straight up comparison of aviation to trucks (thought that would stump several of you...geez), it's the comparison of quality of work and what you think about your job. You think because it's an airplane, the quality should be better. I think if you leave your workplace a junk heap or leave 'nuts and bolts' laying around, then it makes me wonder what else you skimped on.....and that one thing may be the thing that causes something else bad to happen, to me, to you or your or my family.

It's a quality conversation. Simple. If you don't agree, then more or likely you don't value the concept of ownership in the way I do. I see it everyday with those I work with, alongside or know.

The 'bracelet' is also what I found in the engine compartment (it was a strap).

the bracelet was a joke, lighten up man. Did you not have D.A.R.E. at your school growing up?

if a piece of rubber and a piece of plastic is that indicative of poor quality to you, are you taking it back to your dealer for a full once over?

The threshold of "quality" is a lot higher in aviation than it is on a domestically manufactured pickup truck. Just as it is likely higher on a Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lamborghini or Ferrari. Quality is still subjective to the product being produced. Those items would be a huge deal to Boeing if they were found in an engine, but I suspect a Ford QA guy wouldn't care near as much.

That's all I'm saying.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You do realize these trucks were built, torn apart, and rebuilt several times, right?? I have no idea why anyone would want these 17s... just asking for big problems. To make it worse, people paid a premium markup for these headaches!

:yourself::yourself::yourself::yourself::yourself:

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize these trucks were built, torn apart, and rebuilt several times, right?? I have no idea why anyone would want these 17s... just asking for big problems. To make it worse, people paid a premium markup for these headaches!

Proof? I would like to see it! So you know for sure they tore all the 17 Gen2 Raptors apart? Can you get me the list of stuff they had to change and replace when they tore my truck apart? Would be good to know! No issues so far! But with you having all this inside info it should be easy for you to get the info for me. Pm me and I will send you my Vin so you can get the list. As soon as you do I will post it on here so everyone can see what really happens when a new vehicle is built! Thanks!

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bracelet was a joke, lighten up man. Did you not have D.A.R.E. at your school growing up?

if a piece of rubber and a piece of plastic is that indicative of poor quality to you, are you taking it back to your dealer for a full once over?

The threshold of "quality" is a lot higher in aviation than it is on a domestically manufactured pickup truck. Just as it is likely higher on a Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lamborghini or Ferrari. Quality is still subjective to the product being produced. Those items would be a huge deal to Boeing if they were found in an engine, but I suspect a Ford QA guy wouldn't care near as much.

That's all I'm saying.

LOL. I wasn't upset..Believe me, lightening up isn't an issue for me. Just trying to be civil. All good brother!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Proof? I would like to see it! So you know for sure they tore all the 17 Gen2 Raptors apart? Can you get me the list of stuff they had to change and replace when they tore my truck apart? Would be good to know! No issues so far! But with you having all this inside info it should be easy for you to get the info for me. Pm me and I will send you my Vin so you can get the list. As soon as you do I will post it on here so everyone can see what really happens when a new vehicle is built! Thanks!

There was a thread on here at one point (not sure where it went) from a guy who actually found the punch list of all the things they had to look for / repair on the early 2017s that got held back. It was my understanding that was only for the first few thousand trucks off the line, though, and not every 2017.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on here at one point (not sure where it went) from a guy who actually found the punch list of all the things they had to look for / repair on the early 2017s that got held back. It was my understanding that was only for the first few thousand trucks off the line, though, and not every 2017.

Yes there was but that was for a reflash on the transmission on 2000 trucks, i.e.:Raptor, 13000 F150's. We all know about that, but Mr.Sasquatach77 has all the inside info, that was why I was asking him. I have all the paper work on my truck that came in it and what the dealer got also. Mr.Sasquatach77 has all the answers but no proof. He hits and run with his "Inside" info. If you beleave everything he post, we would be seeing the Raptors being built would have V8's, Super Bright tale lights, predrilled weep holes in your intercooler. You would be paying invoice or less, and Ford would be building all Raptors and no F150's! If you look him up you will be surprised at how much info he has for everything Gen2!!!. Last but not least, he also has ties with the engineers the built the 2017 Raptor! Per him as stated on here they told him to stay away from the Gen2. Thanks for your reply, just take Sasquatach77 with a grain of salt!

Last edited: