What I've found thus far......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we're not talking about aircraft here. These are pre runners. Wait until you spend a week beating on the truck off road. You'll find things stuck all over the top and bottom of the truck that you never thought you'd see......

A spare rubber band and piece of plastic really aren't things worth getting excited about and most definitely not worth starting a thread about, are they?

agreed but it's the point of 70K and the last QA person obviously didn't even do a 'once over'. Maybe it's just me, but when I see things like this I start thinking about the bigger things that we can't see. Loose nuts, wires etc are all things we read about on here. I'll say it again, that when you don't bother with the little things, the big things will haunt you.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand this should not be there, but there should not be some other issues with modern vehicles in general. Just enjoy your truck if its been good so far. I have been waiting since Oct 12th.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an internship at Cessna my senior year of High School and you wouldn't believe the amount of shit that inspectors would find in the aircraft in final position before they were rolled out the door to flight. Tools in the wings with all of the inspection covers closed up, extra bolts and nuts under the floor, impact wrenches in the tail section. All kinds of random shit that people signed off on and pushed down the line only to have to be taken back apart and checked again.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
When you "F" up the little things, the big things will haunt you. Let's hope the airline mechanic sweats the 'little things'.

Oh yes, lets compare a $70k truck with a multi-million-dollar airliner. Next lets do a bottle rocket and an ICBM shall we?

Also that's a sweet green D.A.R.E. Bracelet in the lower part of the pic...

giphy.gif

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Oh yes, lets compare a $70k truck with a multi-million-dollar airliner. Next lets do a bottle rocket and an ICBM shall we?

My son works on the B-1B Lancer and said if the techs get something wrong and there is an accident or someone dies because they didn't check their work they would face a Court-Martial.

Something tells me Ford assembly line workers don't have to worry about anything like that.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
agreed but it's the point of 70K and the last QA person obviously didn't even do a 'once over'. Maybe it's just me, but when I see things like this I start thinking about the bigger things that we can't see. Loose nuts, wires etc are all things we read about on here. I'll say it again, that when you don't bother with the little things, the big things will haunt you.

You do realize these trucks were built, torn apart, and rebuilt several times, right?? I have no idea why anyone would want these 17s... just asking for big problems. To make it worse, people paid a premium markup for these headaches!