What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much are dues? I did say I would be a supportive member if I could get the decal for my back window the one that was FRF with Stars and Stripes

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you did all that work and then didn't put on a cover that you never have to remove again to do fluid changes? :33:
That’s correct, also saved myself some money, which I am also all about. It’s an easy job so I didn’t feel the need to waste money on a cover, rather use it toward other mods. I don’t daily drive my truck so it will be awhile before I need to touch it again.

Last edited:

CVP33

Reaction score
That’s correct, also saved myself some money, which I am also all about. It’s an easy job so I didn’t feel the need to waste money on a cover, rather use it toward other mods. I don’t daily drive my truck so it will be awhile before I need to touch it again.
FYI - Dorman covers are $99 at Rock Auto.

Time = Money, plus you don’t need to replace the gasket at $27 per fluid change ever again. I’m replacing the cover next month. Every performance diff I’ve ever had to drain & refill had a drain/fill plug. No way I’m dropping the spare, pulling that cover off, and the 12 bolts, and scraping the surface and replacing the gasket and retorque-ing the 12 bolts when I can simply remove 2 plugs.

I’m all for doing-it-yourself……I’m just against doing it the long and hard way with zero benefit. In this case $99 one time saves me $27 + easily an hour worth of labor every time after.