What did I do wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fire......gotta play a song from the 60s for this....if anyone can dance like this...with video evidence. I might hire you for a birthday party ..specifically...1min35 seconds into the video...this dude can move ...acid must just make you go bonkers lol

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its unbelievable how stuck those perches can get. Some move easily and some feel like they're welded to the body. I've put them on a 20 ton press and couldn't get them to move. Judging by the corrosion i think you're going to have a tough time getting it to move. Best bet is to take it off, pull the spring and flip it upside down and let it soak with PB blaster or some other rust cutting fluid. Use a wire brush to clean out as much as you can and keep soaking it. And yes, the sticker will make things worse too so if you can get that off, thats one less thing to bind you up. Its just going to take a lot of banging with a hammer, PB Blaster and probably some heat to get it to move. I can't figure out why Ford and Fox thought a raw steel lock ring in against a an aluminum shock in the most corrosive place on the truck would be a good idea. When i rebuild shocks i cerakote that lock ring to keep the corrosion down.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Yeah I might just leave this for later because I don’t have the means to be able to torque the bolt back down to 400 ft lbs. I’ll probably just bite the bullet and take it to Palmetto 4x4 or the Ford dealer near me that a friend owns to see if I can get a discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter