What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a little VHT touch on the high mount brake light.

Looking to do this exact same thing. What did you use to get the third brake lights clear? Did you just use some circular stickers and then do the VHT and clear over it? How about prep to start or in between coats?

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do this exact same thing. What did you use to get the third brake lights clear? Did you just use some circular stickers and then do the VHT and clear over it? How about prep to start or in between coats?

I simply masked the LED's with the blue painter's tape. I just found a socket that was about the same size as the LED opening and traced that onto the tape and then cut it out. The whole project didn't take that long. From prep to start I gave it a little better than two hours though I believe VHT says 3 hours to dry. I gave it about 20 minutes between the two coats. Be sure to do a good job prepping the surface and don't forget to mask off the lens on the backside so as not to get over spray in the cargo light assembly.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Be sure to spray very light coats. I was impatient and put it on a little heavy and got runs. Fixed it by using 400 grit before I clear coated. Turned out nice.