What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back from the shop. Ended up needing 2 new CV shafts, complete rear end rebuild, spark plug change, radiator flush, front and rear differential oil change, engine oil change, 2 new idler pulleys, serpentine belt, tie rod, and an alignment. Rolling past 100k this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAI Maintenance

Did six month CAI maintenance and found lots of issues with Volant CAI system.

Cleaned the trapped dirt from the filter box and sealed the interior seam where the airduct section with the MAF connects to filter box with JB Weld epoxy. Water and dust were coming in around this connection/seam. This is a closed box system, but it is definitely not a tightly sealed unit.

Washed out the pre-filter for the Donaldson Powercore Dry filter and shook out/vacuumed whatever I could from intake end of air filter. The rubber flange around the air filter had a tear from where the hose clamp wore through it, so patched that up as well.

Marked and cut off the plastic threads extending into the air duct tube, these are for the two manifold vent tube connections. Figured if nothing else, remove air restriction. Wrapped threads with thread seal tape and screwed them back into the air duct.
IMG_0229_LI.jpg
IMG_0230_LI.jpg
Found two splits that went all the way through the plastic air duct, around where the larger vent tube connector screws into the air duct. Sealed splits with JB Weld epoxy and around the base of the connectors. These splits were letting in unfiltered air.
IMG_0226_LI.jpg
IMG_0232_LI.jpg
Cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor. Cleaned throttle body, which was a tad dirty. Added hose clamps to secure the manifold vent hoses to where they connect to CAI air duct and where the larger hose connects to the manifold, they were getting a bit loose and pulled off way to easily.

This version of Volant CAI is not so good from a durability and leak-ability perspective. The clear plastic V shaped window in the lid leaks water as well, which I sealed up last year.

Lvrkight6481

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third brake light was apparently leaking. And after our two days of rain here only noticed after water from headliner and rear seats wet. Went to dealer and got told sorry but that won't be covered and be 480 bucks to replace the third brake light and nothing else they can do.:flipthebird:

Wanted to tint the light anyway and kept on procrastinating. After research took a chance on the ijdmtoy smoked black light.

Attachments

• 17F9BBC0-3EDE-42E8-A903-83E311EFE582.jpg
    17F9BBC0-3EDE-42E8-A903-83E311EFE582.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 593FDB7B-FC9C-4BCC-9C9C-03D0A4876522.jpg
    593FDB7B-FC9C-4BCC-9C9C-03D0A4876522.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 112

j2k

Reaction score
Third brake light was apparently leaking. And after our two days of rain here only noticed after water from headliner and rear seats wet. Went to dealer and got told sorry but that won't be covered and be 480 bucks to replace the third brake light and nothing else they can do.:flipthebird:

Wanted to tint the light anyway and kept on procrastinating. After research took a chance on the ijdmtoy smoked black light.

How do you like the ijdmtoy third brake light? How's the fitment, quality, light output, etc...? I've been considering that light but couldn't find much feedback on it.

Lvrkight6481

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the ijdmtoy third brake light? How's the fitment, quality, light output, etc...? I've been considering that light but couldn't find much feedback on it.

Well so far so good. Fitment is good. Decent gasket. Seems well built and is sealed and the back side. Light output is decent. Brake light is bright. And cargo is usuable. (Stock with led bulbs has more light) Time will tell though. I'll post update after aittle bit and see how it is working out.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well so far so good. Fitment is good. Decent gasket. Seems well built and is sealed and the back side. Light output is decent. Brake light is bright. And cargo is usuable. (Stock with led bulbs has more light) Time will tell though. I'll post update after aittle bit and see how it is working out.

Im guessing no 3 led marker lights right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro