What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCam

Reaction score
I haven’t posted much here after joining, but after having the RPG Stage 4 kit installed (thanks Rick!) I got to thinking about the changes I’ve made to my 2012 SVT.

Soon after getting the truck, I had a front receiver hitch from my old F-150 installed for my receiver cradle winch. Power ran to the rear also for rear winching.

Quick disconnects installed on the sway bar. Installed some PIA off-road lights behind the grill and some Hella lights in the fog light holes in the bumper. K&N intake. In-bed tool box. Roof gun rack.

The ATC topper I should have had since day 1. The bed is too small for camping/hunting gear. The side windows that open out is a must for easy access to everything without crawling up in the bed on your frigging knees

When the suspension was upgraded, we cut off the exhaust and ran a single 3” pipe with a downturn out the back in FRONT of the bumper. The dual pipes out behind the wheel sucked, collected mud, and got crushed on boulders anyway

40D89362-0161-482F-A11F-C7FF64EBE091.jpg

F11DAC89-99FE-44EE-B9EE-7805C8E11378.jpg

AA8DF024-9C37-456B-91AC-A8CD1ACD5855.jpg

C19E60E9-453B-403F-B2FC-F26BAFCD9981.jpg

516ACCBD-1BD7-4C39-AAF5-BBA9B9CD2F7B.jpg

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Raptor…

That doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it was for me. After two back operations and just three weeks after a total right hip replacement, it was a major milestone to drive again. And I’ve got to say it was like driving a Raptor for the first time, an incredible feeling. They truly are awesome machines.

During the down time, my Raptor didn’t sit idle for long. I let my wife drive it, (the horror). I also used an Optima battery charger/maintainer which worked perfectly. This had an added benefit of keeping the BlackVue dashcams working 24 hours/day, so I could monitor things in the neighborhood. (We had some break-ins around Christmas with one of my neighbors chasing the intruder out of their house with a baseball bat).

With all the metal and plastic replacement parts in me now, I feel like I’ve kept pace with the mods on my Raptor (Deavers, Geiser Springs, Bump Stops). It’s great to be on the road again.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the shop. Seal and bearing for rear differential is broke, 2 idler pulleys broke, front tie rod needs replacing, both CV shafts leaking, front pads and rotors are finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today but close enough

14pmjs.jpg

650 kit from JDM and TSS Gears. Definitely woke the truck up.
Nice!

This isn't enough to start a feed but as I stated earlier I found a raptor that had been totalled and am thinking about taking the roush kit it had on it. (Supercharger, exaust etc.) But I'm sure I'll have to buy some stuff to get it running on mine.

If I did what all would I need to go buy to make it work???

I know I'd have to order a tune, who's a good roush sc tuner? JDM?

Would I need new injectors or can I take those off the old truck?

And is everybody's favorite spark plug the NGK iridium?

Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice!

This isn't enough to start a feed but as I stated earlier I found a raptor that had been totalled and am thinking about taking the roush kit it had on it. (Supercharger, exaust etc.) But I'm sure I'll have to buy some stuff to get it running on mine.

If I did what all would I need to go buy to make it work???

I know I'd have to order a tune, who's a good roush sc tuner? JDM?

Would I need new injectors or can I take those off the old truck?

And is everybody's favorite spark plug the NGK iridium?

Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I would call JDM directly and or talk to Chris at Freedom Motorsports....Keep us posted

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got my truck prepped for snoball:

* rebuilt one of the rxt rear shocks, probably needs a new shaft :(
* removed some china lights
* installed xl80s on hood mounts and some s2s in the bumper
* replaced the relay module in one of my hid harnesses

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed KHC undercover tire rack and Pro Eagle floorjack for Snoball now I will spend the next day and half figuring out how to load all my other stuff. Tire rack changed everything!

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed KHC undercover tire rack and Pro Eagle floorjack for Snoball now I will spend the next day and half figuring out how to load all my other stuff. Tire rack changed everything!

Hey how much did that tire rack cost you, if you don't mind me asking? Looks exactly like what I'd like to have. They are out of New Jersey? You'll have to show it to me at snoball