What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this one 918-270 | Partsgeek.com its from an F350
part number 918-270

I just had to cut some supports on the radiator to make it fit and I had to get a 1/2'' hose mender and 2 feet of trans hose to connect everything.

so far so good, I drove it around and I was able to warm the transmission up to operating temps plus the trans oil still goes threw the engine radiator to warm up. I need to play in the sand and try to slide the truck around to see if I fixed my over heating issue.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Mid perch is best perch.

So you have had trans overheating issues? I experienced the same thing twice now. First time it was up to ~240° in AZ desert, this time I saw it go all the way up to ~260° in fairly soft sand and it started spewing fluid through the breather (I believe, have not actually confirmed where it was coming out of but it stopped as soon as it cooled off). I am flushing the trans today and looking into a bigger cooler.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have had trans overheating issues? I experienced the same thing twice now. First time it was up to ~240° in AZ desert, this time I saw it go all the way up to ~260° in fairly soft sand and it started spewing fluid through the breather (I believe, have not actually confirmed where it was coming out of but it stopped as soon as it cooled off). I am flushing the trans today and looking into a bigger cooler.

Yep nearly every time I would play in the local perky with sand I would have overheating issues, the truck has gone into low power mode a few times due to over heating, my truck is stock too.(or was stock) I would have off-road mode ON and traction control off by holding the button. I would also try to slide the truck even on the straights so I was being hard on the truck, but regardless what I do the truck should be fine or the weak parts should be replaced.

here is a video of the area I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1M5JCXBc8&t=258s

I went there today to see if I could make it overheat but the rain has the perky too flooded out to play in....

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep nearly every time I would play in the local perky with sand I would have overheating issues, the truck has gone into low power mode a few times due to over heating, my truck is stock too.(or was stock) I would have off-road mode ON and traction control off by holding the button. I would also try to slide the truck even on the straights so I was being hard on the truck, but regardless what I do the truck should be fine or the weak parts should be replaced.

here is a video of the area I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1M5JCXBc8&t=258s

I went there today to see if I could make it overheat but the rain has the perky too flooded out to play in....

I would say mine was about the same intensity in deep sand. Temp outside was not too bad. I got the full Christmas tree of lights and all the error messages on the screen. Shut it off and back on and everything worked again. I am really disappointed that the temp of the trans would go up so much. Another guy with me didn't have the problem at all on the same trail (although there were other issues).
Let me know how this cooler works out for you as I am very interested and don't like the relocation kits that are out there.

https://youtu.be/ws--48HQgiM

Last edited:

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say mine was about the same intensity in deep sand. Temp outside was not too bad. I got the full Christmas tree of lights and all the error messages on the screen. Shut it off and back on and everything worked again. I am really disappointed that the temp of the trans would go up so much. Another guy with me didn't have the problem at all on the same trail (although there were other issues).
Let me know how this cooler works out for you as I am very interested and don't like the relocation kits that are out there.

https://youtu.be/ws--48HQgiM

Im glad to hear its not just me, I ordered a new raptor and it should be here in February Im curious to know how it will withstand the same conditions.

Im almost positive the transmission is the only thing overheating and the excess heat is being thrown into the engine radiator causing the engine to over heat too.

do any supercharged owners have transmission issues?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad to hear its not just me, I ordered a new raptor and it should be here in February Im curious to know how it will withstand the same conditions.

Im almost positive the transmission is the only thing overheating and the excess heat is being thrown into the engine radiator causing the engine to over heat too.

do any supercharged owners have transmission issues?

I haven't seen much issues from any others. I am fairly certain we both overheated our rear diff as well. There are a couple of larger cooler kits out there with dedicated fans but I don't like where they mount. We both were getting lights and mine was telling me to engage my rear diff even though it was already engaged.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do? Not much. But some awesome Raptor people did some stellar work throwing on @svc 1.5" UCAs and Fox 3.0s on all corners. Unintended but happy result, truck is now level (riding slightly higher in the front than it was at mid perch), with the +3 deavers in back. Hot damn what next? Oh yeah, 37" projects, at the strong recommendation of someone who is internet famous, and highly skilled at breaking shit.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What did I do? Not much. But some awesome Raptor people did some stellar work throwing on @svc 1.5" UCAs and Fox 3.0s on all corners. Unintended but happy result, truck is now level (riding slightly higher in the front than it was at mid perch), with the +3 deavers in back. Hot damn what next? Oh yeah, 37" projects, at the strong recommendation of someone who is internet famous, and highly skilled at breaking shit.

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1591][emoji1591][emoji1591]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc