Vehicle delivery checklist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think a lot of advice depends on where you live.

Here in Atlanta, these trucks sell out in 5 days or less right now. No dealer in their right mind is going to let you do all that unless it's the last day of the month and it rained every day for the last two weeks straight.

Now, if you're someplace where these vehicles don't sell often, you may have more time and leverage.

Not saying you shouldn't inspect the vehicle before accepting delivery, but smurfslayer's process seems extreme to me for a new vehicle...

I’m in northern Virginia. Regionally, I know of 2 trucks that spent more than a day on the lot. both were trucks with a $20k ADM but sadly, some of the $20k ADM trucks sold and so did the $15k, $10k, $5k, $2K and $1k ADM trucks. All of them. So, sure the dealer will cooperate. I’m sure there were some Raps out there sitting, but my marketplace was pretty busy, and I ran through that entire list without any sort of issues with the dealer.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about that checklist...

1. boxlink keys present
  2. floor mats installed or present
  3. antenna installed
  4. both keys
  5. Sirius activated if applicable

Please feel free to add to this list as I am guessing and this is no way a complete list of things to make sure you have before you leave.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

1. boxlink keys present
  3. antenna installed
  4. both keys

Please feel free to add to this list as I am guessing and this is no way a complete list of things to make sure you have before you leave.
Owner's manual
Security code card
Full fuel tank

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

1. boxlink keys present
  3. antenna installed
  4. both keys

There was a thread on here 6 months ago that compiled a list of all the niggles people found in their early production trucks. Probably some merit in digging that up and double checking those common production mistakes.