Two LED's Added to the Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As you know the Raptor comes with three LED's at the top of the grill. I had seen where someone in town had added four OEM LED lights to the bottom of the grill.

I sought to go a slightly different direction and added two OEM LED's to the top of the grill, outside the stock three. Lack of proper communication had the shop placing them one rectangle inside of where I asked them be placed. And yes, I am disappointed, but it still looks pretty good to me.

It requires the use of a dremel tool to enlarge the rectangles to accommodate the OEM LED's. The two were then epoxied in place.

Here's a couple twilight pics:

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You took it to a "Shop" to do that? Seems like a pretty simple mod to handle, but it looks kinda cool. I would assume they just spliced right into the stock wiring. These are LED lights, very low current draw, I am sure you could easily double the amount of lights without causing and issue to the stock circuit.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will you elaborate on how you wired the new lights?

Spliced into the stock LED grill wiring.

Removed the grill from the truck. I also attached Custom Truck Shop raw aluminum grill letters with 4mm hex head bolts, which was also easier to accomplish with the grill removed.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice I really like the grill letters they look a lot more durable then a sticker or something that uses double sides tape!

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any DOT requirements for the number of lights on the front of the truck?

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any DOT requirements for the number of lights on the front of the truck?

I hope that I haven't exceeded the number.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

You took it to a "Shop" to do that? Seems like a pretty simple mod to handle, but it looks kinda cool. I would assume they just spliced right into the stock wiring. These are LED lights, very low current draw, I am sure you could easily double the amount of lights without causing and issue to the stock circuit.

The shop's owner had cut, fit, and glued the OEM lights in a previous customer's Raptor. It wasn't worth me mis-cutting the rectangle area. Plus the grill letters were there getting Line-X'ed.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be really cool to add two more at the bottom of the grill directly below the two you added, then have the four additional lights hooked up to a strobe/flasher unit. Alternating between the top right / bottom left and the top left / bottom right.