Added some flare to the grill LED bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modraptor

Reaction score
Hello gen3 folk. Been on a bit of a kick adding external light mods to my Raptor. Will begin to share as I can. First up is a nice kit by Sick Diesel. It’s an amber LED bar added to grill. Completes the amber profile of the front .334AF27C-E9AE-4ADB-ABDD-6DE92BD09471.jpeg

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it. Now time to light up the FORD letters.

Easy install? Does it come in automatically?

OP
OP
modraptor

modraptor

Reaction score
I like it. Now time to light up the FORD letters.

Easy install? Does it come in automatically?
not as easy at it looks to install. Have to remove the grill and the two rows of the aero vents (temp) to get your fingers behind the grill in order to bolt the thing in. Also, if you get the plug and play kit, I went ahead and removed the driver side headlamp so I could get to the headlight wiring which the harness taps into. I used the Baja design behind the grill videos for my how to.

OP
OP
modraptor

modraptor

Reaction score
Did you get the plug and play harness. If so, what does it do?
I did get the plug and play harness as well. It allows you to tamp into one of the two raptor headlight wires by giving you a daisy chain. you unplug the headlamp wire plug in the harness kit which has a Y splitter. The result is a non splice setup that lets the grill bar turn in and is controlled by the marker light circuit. so I’m not suing the AUX panel. This bar comes on and off with the marker lights since it’s tapped into the headlamp wires.

OP
OP
modraptor

modraptor

Reaction score
Here is some of the install process.

Attachments

• IMG_9196.jpeg
    IMG_9196.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9195.jpeg
    IMG_9195.jpeg