Added some flare to the grill LED bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne any issues tapping into headlight?
I don’t recommend it, even with a Y harness. Aftermarket wiring/modules tend to fail at the most inopportune time, and in this case it has the potential to disable your headlights.

As far as the operation, it would also need to be verified that it’s working as a trigger only, and not actually drawing any amperage from the BCM, nor changing the circuit resistance.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Attached is daytime photo
You got any install pics? What's preventing someone from installing this kinda wherever they want? Maybe run one on the top opposite your bottom one, and then some under the running boards, and then between the bed and cab.

OP
OP
modraptor

modraptor

Reaction score
the bar has a slight curve on both ends of the bar to give it a clean look matching the grill shape. Nothing prevents you from slapping this higher on grill or anywhere. Aside from the natural curve. This is not LED strip that is shapable it’s a firm metal giving it its shape. secondly there are three welded screws that provide the pressure to bolt into the grill. so mounting options would also limit location. I’d recommend you place this product on grill. And if you want other lights go with a led strip for other surfaces. I will post an example I have under my runners doors for another clean look soon.

OP
OP
modraptor

modraptor

Reaction score
You got any install pics? What's preventing someone from installing this kinda wherever they want? Maybe run one on the top opposite your bottom one, and then some under the running boards, and then between the bed and cab.
just what I have posted in the threads already. I used a YouTube video from Baja designs for removing the grill. And a basic f150 forum for removing the headlight so I could get access to the wires in order to add the Y wire into the the mix.