Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat .....sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For tire shine I highly suggest SC1 clear coat. It's sold as a motorcycle polish in motorcycle shops. It's like $10 a can and would do your tires 20 times over. It makes them satin black, not shiny. It will not fling off and it repels water and dirt. Mine has been though 2 washes now and applied about 10 days ago.

I use it on my atv, dirt bike and snowmobile as well, when it's on there everything falls right off with no scrubbing. Best part is if it gets on your wheels just wipe it with your rag and it will only clean and protect your rim! It keeps dull surfaces dull and makes shiny shine.

If you don't like it you will find another application for it. I order it by the case.

sfpoerccieasl

Reaction score
For tire shine I highly suggest SC1 clear coat. It's sold as a motorcycle polish in motorcycle shops. It's like $10 a can and would do your tires 20 times over. It makes them satin black, not shiny. It will not fling off and it repels water and dirt. Mine has been though 2 washes now and applied about 10 days ago.

I use it on my atv, dirt bike and snowmobile as well, when it's on there everything falls right off with no scrubbing. Best part is if it gets on your wheels just wipe it with your rag and it will only clean and protect your rim! It keeps dull surfaces dull and makes shiny shine.

If you don't like it you will find another application for it. I order it by the case.
Got any pics of it on tires?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used Maguiar's Hot Shine (aerosol) for years. It works well for me. It's kinda middle-of-the-road on shine. The main reason I've used it is the cans consistently spray well. I've bought so many cans of other stuff that either doesn't work or stops spraying 1/4 way through the can. Drives me crazy. So I've stuck with this. And it smells great!
Hot Shine.png

sfpoerccieasl

Reaction score
Holy ςrαp you dug up an old thread, over 10 years old. Member you tagged hasn't been on here in 7 years.

Tire shine on Raptors triggers some members here on FRF. @John M BUNMAN is the King of FRF tire shine community.

View attachment 424301
Hahah holy shit, my brain saw 2023 when I looked, not 2013. Ooops. Yeh honestly sometimes I think the tire pop more with dirt/dust on them than tire shine.

sfpoerccieasl

Reaction score
I've used Maguiar's Hot Shine (aerosol) for years. It works well for me. It's kinda middle-of-the-road on shine. The main reason I've used it is the cans consistently spray well. I've bought so many cans of other stuff that either doesn't work or stops spraying 1/4 way through the can. Drives me crazy. So I've stuck with this. And it smells great!
View attachment 424304
I used that like 20 years ago, use to work good. The best thing I have found I exclusively use now is 303's Protectant Interior/Exterior. I spray a heavy coat on the wheels and let it sit and soak in for an hour'ish or overnight, key for it lasting long is to not wipe any off. Makes a really nice more satin/gloss shine and doesn't sling. Plus you can use it on tons of other things.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
View attachment 424304
Love this stuff too! I have cut a heavy cardboard circle to match my wheel size and cut two center holes in the middle for my fingers to hold. This way I don't get any spray on the wheels and can get the whole tire covered well. I hope this makes @John M BUNMAN proud of me even if I've never sported a man bun!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't put tire shine on anything in decades but Zaino had great stuff back then. Kinda watery/milky and it would wipe to a nice black finish with very little shine.