FINALLY! FP Forged FP2 on Avalanche - Brushed Black Tinted Clear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little backstory - some many pages back I previously had KMC Forged Mesa's (check FS section). Justin @FP Forged decided to graciously after I purchase those wheels tease these (thanks for that BTW)! These are the FP Forged FP2 in 17x9 +12 in Brushed Black Tinted Clear - let me first off saying these are without doubt the best finish I've personally seen on a wheel. I've owned just about every major brand of wheel and probably switch wheels on my vehicles more than I mow my lawn. With that said, the finish is amazing and the quality is top notch especially considering this is the 1st set made in this finish! If you consider the market of these types of wheels to what the competition is you are getting something with the perfect mild aggressive offset (Raptor Specific) with custom finishes for a significant chunk less. I can't be more blown away with these are and they are 22lbs! Also, realize from a customer support standpoint I have pages and pages of messages and questions to Justin at FP Forged - he is the standard for customer support in this industry, full stop. I can't be more happy with this setup overall - I have tons of other pictures I will happily spam. The finish is nearly impossible to catch properly in the light, it's almost chameleon at times. Also, something to consider they balanced perfectly, in fact not a single wheel/tire took over 4oz of weight! Oh and yes there is a tiny bit of tire shine here, it was the first and only time but hey little shine before they get dirty never hurts.

IMG_5275.jpgIMG_5277.jpgIMG_5313.jpgIMG_5297.jpgIMG_5291.jpg

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my FP2's. Yours look great. Justin's service is amazing.

I almost went with the Forged KMC's, but they weren't as detailed / good looking and I didn't want a 0 offset for 37's.

I'm glad others are seeing the value in his work.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Damn, those look great, I have never seen a finish quite like that. Sexy! Confirming they are brushed black with bronze tint?

OP
OP
pnwobrigade

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are brushed black with clear tint. In direct light they look more gunmetal but in pictures for some reason it makes them look a touch bronze. It's a super interesting color to capture depending on how the light hits them.

OP
OP
pnwobrigade

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my FP2's. Yours look great. Justin's service is amazing.

I almost went with the Forged KMC's, but they weren't as detailed / good looking and I didn't want a 0 offset for 37's.

I'm glad others are seeing the value in his work.
Yea I agree, although I did like my KMC's and the satin black looked great on Avalanche it was the +0 offset for me that was the main deal breaker. I travel down gravel roads to my property and drive over the Cascades and constantly flinging stuff on the sides of the truck made me cringe. The +12 offset (although 9in wide) just fit so much better. But yes, Justin is the "guy" when it comes to wheels and service. I can't wait to see his company explode and to possibly even come out with more wheel options. Which come to think of it I hope he doesn't so I wont want them too!