23 Avalanche 35

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigskyRaptor

Reaction score
Well, I've made the move from a '19 GEN 2 to a '23 GEN 3
2023 Avalanche 35.
No sunroof (my spec)
Carbon fiber
No factory decals
Forged wheels

Things I've done
PPF + ceramic
Driver and passenger window tint
FP Gen 3 flag decals on the rear fenders (Vinyl Sometimes)
Forscan mods (double honk delete, Bambi mode, turn signal tap 4 blinks )
Auto stop eliminator
Bed liner
Baja S2 Pro driving combo clear medial + amber wide cornering lateral (Specialty Performance Parts)
Husky mud flaps

To do...
Fumoto valve + first oil change at 2000ish miles (synthetic)

Overall comparing the two, they are different trucks. The GEN 2 had more of a butch look to it, the GEN 3 is very clean while still maintaining that aggressive vibe.
As far as performance, the GEN 3 feels quicker and more responsive to me I think because of throttle response. There seems to be less turbo lag. Transmission shifts are smoother. I had a pretty rough shift from 4 to 5 in the GEN 2 in sport mode (my Gen 2 was stock/not tuned). The rear end is very different. Less of a skittish go kart feel with the 5 link rear. It's much more planted and keeps good traction on the road.
I love the interior on the 3, the big NAV screen, button layout, etc. I probably prefer the wet carbon fiber in the Gen 2, but the GEN 3 carbon fiber pattern has grown on me.
My GEN 2 was the magnetic gray. My favorite Ford color is Avalanche so this was a big driving force for getting the new truck. Avalanche is an awesome color IMO.
Overall, the truck feels a little bit higher end, if that makes sense. I'm still in the honeymoon stage. I'm sure there'll be things that pop up that bug me down the road. Overall, it's a fantastic truck. This will be my all season daily driver here in MT.
The third and forth pics were before decals, tint, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_9757.jpeg
    IMG_9757.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9758.jpeg
    IMG_9758.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 231

Bonestock

Reaction score
My 2023 Avalanche Raptor is being delivered to me on Tuesday…also coming from a 2019 Raptor in Magnetic.

Initially thought I was going to pass on the Gen 3, but now looking foward to getting into it.

splatz400

Reaction score
I have the same rims and color, what finish did you go with for the decal? matte, satin, gloss?