Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat .....sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff_oddo

Reaction score
This shit sucks... stay away from it. The very fine mist of over spray coated the wheels, truck and windshield and I was very careful spraying it on as per the directions. The only thing to get this off your tires is a brass scrub brush and lots of scrubbing. I am still trying to get the over spray off my wheels and I have to get some ultra fine steel wool to clean off the windshield. The over spray on the windshield looks like very fine pitting and is annoying when driving. I will admit the shine looked great, but for the cost of over spray and over 3 hours of scrubbing off it's not worth it.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did u get it on the windshield if u were sprayin the tires?

My fav rite now is the armor all ultimate shine foam...works great.

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeff_oddo

Reaction score
How did u get it on the windshield if u were sprayin the tires?

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)
I'm assuming that the very slight breeze and I mean slight in the garage kicked it up into the air and coated the sides of my truck and windshield. If I could take a pic of the windshield I would, but it won't zoom in that close to even notice it.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I should have read the reviews first on this stuff. I just looked up the reviews of this product on Turtle Wax's website and there are lots of bad reviews with the same outcome as mine.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per my detail guy,

Whatever you use be sure it is water based and not alcohol based.

The alcohol based products open up the rubber / pores in the tire sidewalls and lets dirt in, leaving your tire that brown color after the product has washed off.

Water base will not leave your tires brown.

locouno

Reaction score
not a big fan of any aireasol tire foam cuz of this reason. Clean em with bleach white and a brush. Keep me a wax applicator pad in a zip lock soaked with vrt and armour all mostly vrt works pretty good for me atleast