Transmission Overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hapijohn

hapijohn

Reaction score
This kind of abnormal behavior is not uncommon after the “transmission flush”.

Of course, now, they’re going to deny any culpability, assert they do dozens per week and nobody ever complains and when you bring your truck in they will let it sit overnight, start it up, drive to the garage bay, see the temperature is fine, park it and report “unable to replicated customer concern”.

This cycle will repeat, maddeningly, until you give up in frustration or eventually break some hard parts.

Maybe this will help isolate and reproduce.
Under what conditions are you getting the transmission over heating?
ambient temps, coolant temp, driving conditions, how long into the drive, anything different about the drive.

if you can narrow down what’s making the transmission run hotter, you may be able to cajole a tech to test drive with you and force the replication.
I drive at about 70 to 80 mph sometimes upto 100.
Never had a problem before. I told the dealer that’s how I ran it but their response was well we can’t really speed .
What really worries me is if I take it out to the dirt and put it in Baja mode , the truck might leave me stranded.
I’m going to have to get a hold of them again on my day off.
I work long hours so the service area is closed by the time I get out of work.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive at about 70 to 80 mph sometimes upto 100.
Never had a problem before. I told the dealer that’s how I ran it but their response was well we can’t really speed .
What really worries me is if I take it out to the dirt and put it in Baja mode , the truck might leave me stranded.
I’m going to have to get a hold of them again on my day off.
I work long hours so the service area is closed by the time I get out of work.
Ask how they verified the fluid level after the flush. They probably didn’t. Have them check the fluid level per the steps I mentioned in my last post before going any further.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That testing temp would be pretty undoable for me. I rarely see over 190-195 or so and thats only when its 100 degrees outside. Only times I've gotten into the 210 range was towing or a raptor run. Do they use a temp gun on the transmission pan or the gauge in the truck?

Reaction score
Same Happened to me. 2018- transmission was replaced and they did the flush.now my transmission cooler messed up causing the new transmission to F#$$ up. Dealers fault 100% now they won't cover damges and esp won't cover because transmission cooler is main cause for damaged parts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That testing temp would be pretty undoable for me. I rarely see over 190-195 or so and thats only when it’s 100 degrees outside. Only times I've gotten into the 210 range was towing or a raptor run. Do they use a temp gun on the transmission pan or the gauge in the truck?
Scan tool to check TFT.