Transmission Failure X2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the general forum but figured I’d add a thread to see if it gets any traction. Long story short, transmission was slipping between 7-8 spiking RPMS and slamming into gear. Took it in and they replaced the transmission under warranty with only 50k miles on the truck, a 2020. I picked it up Thursday evening and by Friday afternoon I had transmission fluid covering the underside of my truck and and spots all over my driveway. The first pic is the write up from the dealer followed by the Friday pictures. I am irritated to say the least. I can’t imagine a brand new transmission immediately blew up and or the idea that it was such a poor repair that I’m in this position less than 24 hours later.

@FordTechOne have you ever seen something like this?

Luckily I have the factory warranty plus a premium care ESP but this shit sucks. Feels better at least bitching about it to some strangers on the internet.

IMG_5540.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5543.jpeg
    IMG_5543.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5561.jpeg
    IMG_5561.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5566.jpeg
    IMG_5566.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 12

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they replace the transmission or rebuild it? It could be something as simple as being overfilled

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Leaking fluid is not necessarily a failed transmission. Could just be over filled. A pain in the αss? Yes. But let's not put the cart before the horse here.

OP
OP
LeadFootTarp

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
@FordTechOne I heard back from the dealership. They said it was the torque converter seal. Is there anything else I should ask or be on the lookout for before I pick it up tomorrow. They made it sound like an easy fix. Thanks!!