Transmission Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had a similar experience with the transmission. Each time this happens in either 3rd or 4th gear but in the middle of the gear it sounds as if it’s shifted but remains in that gear. There isn’t really an impact on the drive ability but it’s odd to me.

Attaching a video and hoping someone can share whether this is just a software issue or no issue at all. You can see in the middle of 3rd gear the rpm’s drop but it remains.

This is my fourth gen 3 and I dont recall this happening in the others

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.mov
    15.3 MB

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the Ford dealer.. they said 3-5 days to diagnose the issue and are not offering loaners at the moment. Would appreciate if anyone else can share their experiences on what this is

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mines does this even with the TCM tune from goose. Ive learned to just deal with. Have to now since the tune voided powertrain warranty. Every day I am closer and closer to trading the truck in. Holding out for the RHO or the Gen4.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called the Ford dealer.. they said 3-5 days to diagnose the issue and are not offering loaners at the moment. Would appreciate if anyone else can share their experiences on what this is
Torque converter lockup is normal. Not sure why you think it needs to be “fixed”.