Transmission heating up quickly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nitefighter

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys so my trans is not fixed WTF right! So I took it out and it overheated again, it took a lap or two longer this time but it still overheated. So I took it back in and left it for a week. The engineers could not make up their minds and decided to send out a field engineer. Yesterday the field engineer decided it was best to install a flight data recorder and at certain times when offroading turn it on to have it record data. So when the dealership gets the email for the certain conditions the engineer wants recorded ill go in and get it installed.

Sorry that its been awhile since I've posted on here guys I'm going through the big "D" right now and I've got a fairly full plate.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't take that long to get through Dallas unless your stuck in traffic and your trannies overheating.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Nitefighter

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got the flight data recorder installed. The engineer specified to have it record when it hit 210*, then 220*, 225* and last at 230*. It was difficult to do since once you hit record it starts for about a minute and doesn't stop. I ended up rising from 210* to 230* within the first recording. So I had to let it cool then hit record and continue to do that until all four recordings were made. I will get the info to Ford tomorrow and see where we go from there. Here's a couple pics of the recorder and remote. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376621655.940921.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376621671.181523.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376621683.508617.jpg

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you know what is next if they can't "find" anything...... Bring that truck in on a wrecker and they will have to fix it when its 100% broke.

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? I do not think that I have the same issue, but I am very curious to see what the fix is. Thanks!

Bink

OP
OP
Nitefighter

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No update yet. I am getting the flight data recorder this weekend so I can get recordings when I'm at the dunes. I will post the results once I hear back from the engineer.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not normal. Havoc in the hills had my trans at 209 on average and I was going balls to the walls. 2 wheel with the diff locked what what I was using. Something is hindering fluid flow to exchange the heat... Not sure what but that isn't normal from what I've experienced.