top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a race truck!

Some guys drive evertyhing as fast as it'll go- and then modify it to go faster. You can't change that. Got a friend who has done it his whole life, he's still alive somehow.

I know a local guy who had the fastest drag boat in the world for years- that shit is just death waiting to happen based on past history, but he's still kicking it.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fastest I’ve ever had my Raptor is about 110, effortless getting there and felt pretty stable, but a little light. Backed off when I realized how fast I was going.

Had my Porsche up to an indicated 174 mph (171 on the gps) on a long unrestricted, slightly downhill section of the autobahn early one Sunday morning when I lived in Germany, and regularly set my cruise control to 100+ mph when travelling over there. Also flew aircraft low level at 300’ agl for hours at a time (been awhile though), so I’m pretty familiar and comfortable with the sensation of speed.

Some folks do it for the thrill, some do it because their sense of risk is either skewed or has been recalibrated by an adventurous life…either way, there’s no way to eliminate risk, so either live in a padded box or enjoy it. But don’t put others at risk on a public highway if you’re gonna do it.

So, get training and compete if ya wanna speed.

I honestly think my son’s a better and safer driver for having grown up driving fast and on the limit on a track…he drives slower than 99% of other drivers on public roads, but doesn’t block traffic…he knows what it’s like to drive fats, so there’s no mystery to it, and has a much better appreciation of speed differential and speed-related risk.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There aint no damn way im trying to figure out the top speed.....

I hit a top speed of over 65 ........ and it was wild out there bros. Protect yourself LOL.

Disclaimer: Click it or ticket, always wear a seatbelt

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got caught off guard while driving on a 2 lane rural highway a couple months ago. When I made the move to pass a car going ten under the posted speed limit, I guess they decided to race, I had commited to pass so I kept my foot in it til I hit the rev limiter before it was safe to pull back in my lane. Only after the fact did I realize I was on a set of nearly bald KO2's, really dumb on my part but I survived once more. I was to caught up in the moment to be looking at guages so unawhere of speed or gear, I assume 5th somewhere around triple digit.

The speed of light and the speed of electricity are pretty much equal, just an fyi.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fastest I’ve ever had my Raptor is about 110, effortless getting there and felt pretty stable, but a little light. Backed off when I realized how fast I was going.

Had my Porsche up to an indicated 174 mph (171 on the gps) on a long unrestricted, slightly downhill section of the autobahn early one Sunday morning when I lived in Germany, and regularly set my cruise control to 100+ mph when travelling over there. Also flew aircraft low level at 300’ agl for hours at a time (been awhile though), so I’m pretty familiar and comfortable with the sensation of speed.

Some folks do it for the thrill, some do it because their sense of risk is either skewed or has been recalibrated by an adventurous life…either way, there’s no way to eliminate risk, so either live in a padded box or enjoy it. But don’t put others at risk on a public highway if you’re gonna do it.

So, get training and compete if ya wanna speed.

I honestly think my son’s a better and safer driver for having grown up driving fast and on the limit on a track…he drives slower than 99% of other drivers on public roads, but doesn’t block traffic…he knows what it’s like to drive fats, so there’s no mystery to it, and has a much better appreciation of speed differential and speed-related risk.
Great point. Wife wont let me own street bikes anymore. Probably for the best haha. I have my track suite with knee pucks half gone hanging up in the garage as proof that I used to run red lights and f**k.