top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
i did 165 and was still climbing last time i looked on my old cbr600rr. so yea its not a GREAT idea to do something stupid, but people are stupid sometimes.

just make sure to take videos guys, at least make your death worth something.

You did an indicated 165, which accounting for the motorcycle’s approximately 8% speedo error isn’t anywhere near that.

The last 5 years or so of 600 cc sport bikes can touch 170mph with a pint sized rider like Pedrosa or Melandri or maybe Melissa Paris, but put a human sized rider on there like Rossi and a buck 60 is about it. Liter bikes are a little more forgiving of weight but over 180 pounds and the mph comes down.

Of course.... horsepower forgives a multitude of sins:

So unless you’re as much of a midget in stature as mentality, you weren’t going a true 165 ... unless you’re talking kph :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:

LOL

BTW, I rode the TT course above mad Sunday, 2010 Sulby was locked down best we got was about 100 there. over the mountain it was ‘weapons free’. I was surprised nobody died.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Anyone who has driven a car meant to well exceed 125, knows that when they get to about 95 in a G2 Raptor is backing off going, yeah this is starting to feel ******* wrong.

A-fricking-men.

90-100 is super sketchy in the raptor when compared to my fast cars. ( i have an imsa license and raced challenge for a season and gt3 cup for a season. )

D

Deleted member 12951

Geez, got to the limit at around 107 today just on the short highway run to work. Big deal, this truck is smooth as butter.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i guess you would be correct if i had not been using a GPS speedo, but im sure you will have a perfectly witty comeback to let me know how i was wrong there too lololololol.

moving threads doesnt make me not know you are the same dude nut hugging me everywhere. its ok to just admit, you really enjoy my company and want me to cuck your wife :ROFLJest:

You did an indicated 165, which accounting for the motorcycle’s approximately 8% speedo error isn’t anywhere near that.

The last 5 years or so of 600 cc sport bikes can touch 170mph with a pint sized rider like Pedrosa or Melandri or maybe Melissa Paris, but put a human sized rider on there like Rossi and a buck 60 is about it. Liter bikes are a little more forgiving of weight but over 180 pounds and the mph comes down.

Of course.... horsepower forgives a multitude of sins:

So unless you’re as much of a midget in stature as mentality, you weren’t going a true 165 ... unless you’re talking kph :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:

LOL

BTW, I rode the TT course above mad Sunday, 2010 Sulby was locked down best we got was about 100 there. over the mountain it was ‘weapons free’. I was surprised nobody died.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, somewhere I got a screen shot of my zumo showing I had a 235 mph top speed just north of Belfast.

I was on a KTM, so no, I wasn’t going that fast. And hey, you never clarified if you as much of a physical runt as you are a mental midget, so who knows, maybe you’re built like Pedrosa and can get a 600 over 160 mph not doing a full “Rollie Free”.

But yeah, come on back over to Gen2 forums, we need someone else to make fun of. It’s getting boring here with only Sasquatch77 trolling.

Tommy Gray

Reaction score
My 2012 with a CAI, Diablo tuner, 20x12.5 wheels and cheap AT tires did 135 twice. Once in a straight stretch on a back road and once on the highway. Anything 125+ gets a little sketchy but honestly 135 felt better in the Raptor than in a 93 Foxbody.

I don't recommend it... It's still pretty dicey.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
My 2012 with a CAI, Diablo tuner, 20x12.5 wheels and cheap AT tires did 135 twice. Once in a straight stretch on a back road and once on the highway. Anything 125+ gets a little sketchy but honestly 135 felt better in the Raptor than in a 93 Foxbody.

I don't recommend it... It's still pretty dicey.

Holy crap. Old thread, but ok. I think I posted somewhere here early on, but my 2018 stock, but tuned (of course) easily runs 140 mph, gps verified. At that speed you do hear the tires saying they’re not real happy, but no handling issues. Rock steady.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, somewhere I got a screen shot of my zumo showing I had a 235 mph top speed just north of Belfast.

I was on a KTM, so no, I wasn’t going that fast. And hey, you never clarified if you as much of a physical runt as you are a mental midget, so who knows, maybe you’re built like Pedrosa and can get a 600 over 160 mph not doing a full “Rollie Free”.

But yeah, come on back over to Gen2 forums, we need someone else to make fun of. It’s getting boring here with only Sasquatch77 trolling.

I caught this post again, so here’s a couple of gps verified facts.

My 2021 Ducati PV4SP with one less tooth on front sprocket easily runs 181mph just before pre-redline warning. Ducati speedo goes to - - - at 186 (300kph) because all bikes this century read 5% faster than actual.

My 2021 Aprilia RS660 runs 147mph indicated, 140 actual at the rev limiter with one less tooth on the front.

My 2015 Honda CBR1k runs 167mph + indicated, but not maxed out throttle, with one less tooth on front.

My 2012 Ducati 1100SP Hypermotard runs 140 indicated, 133 actual.

My 2011 1198SP Superbike runs 180mph indicated, 171 actual with one less tooth front and one more tooth on rear.

All facts, no bullpoop

Last edited:

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit 110 with 37's and Cobb Stage 2 on the smooth beach sands of Baja. It started getting sketchy for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc