Tire Help on 2012 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
We ordered our 2012 Raptor 4 weeks ago. While we are not so patiently waiting lol :insane: we are trying to get some aftermarket stuff stock piled in our garage so when it arrives we can add it right away.

We want some tires with more aggressive threads, like Mud Terrain tires. We would also like for them to be "wider" or fatter than the stock ones. Like ones that come out a bit pasted the fenders.

Could we get some suggestions please on what size you guys think would work best? We need to stick with 35's right? just need to know what size the width number should be to get this look.

thanks so much
Jana

PS. our dealer told us it is not recommended to change the tires out bc the truck is callibrated to those tires. But I have talked to sdhq ect and they said changing the tires wouldnt be a problem bc there will be a sensor in the new ones.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Ok I realized I askd a dumb question.. I am lookn at gallery pics and seeing 37's for tires... LOL Sorry guys.. this chic is trying hahhaa

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory wheels are 8.5" wide, the stock tires are about 12.4" wide, you can't really get much wider on the stock wheels without risking the tire coming off the rim at high speed or over rough terrain - you didn't mention if you were planning on new wheels, but the easiest way to get the look you want is to get a negative offset wheel and put on a more aggresive tire but in the stock size - so your tire size stays the same but the wheel causes them to potrude outside of the fender flares somewhat, even so I would recommend only a modest negative offset, if you go with a majorly negative offset you are putting tremendous stress on various components - there are several threads on here showing pics and reviews of various tires and wheels

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend Toyo Open Country M/T. Your also going to need new wheels to push the tires out farther. Stock wheel's are +36mm offset. Anything lower will push them out wider. 0mm is about flush with the fenders and anything negative is out further. Stick to 35" tires. YOU WILL NEED MAJOR WORK FOR 37" TIRES!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-12 mm is the widest you can put on a Raptor as long as it is on top perch!

My recommdation on tires is Goodyear Duratracs...

aee695a3-adf5-ef86.jpg

-Greg

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recommend Nitto Mud grapplers but get ready for the noise. I run 39-40 psi and they work great. Waiting for my lug nuts to come in and then the wheels and tires are going on with pics.

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys...I realize many of you will probably be rolling your eyes at my question...but since the Raptor I ordered will be used as my primary commuter vehicle (which means paved road, 40 miles a day), I would like to go with a quieter tire, more of a "street" look, which offers perhaps a slight mileage advantage, but still looks good on the truck (perhaps a little wider). I would also like a new wheel... Any helpful suggestion....P.S. Feel free to give me "crap" for a non-off-road application...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys...I realize many of you will probably be rolling your eyes at my question...but since the Raptor I ordered will be used as my primary commuter vehicle (which means paved road, 40 miles a day), I would like to go with a quieter tire, more of a "street" look, which offers perhaps a slight mileage advantage, but still looks good on the truck (perhaps a little wider). I would also like a new wheel... Any helpful suggestion....P.S. Feel free to give me "crap" for a non-off-road application...

It is your Raptor, do what you want with it. I use my as a daily driver 40+ miles a day..

You can not beat General Grabber HTS for highway all season tire..

-Greg

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of BFG KM2s for my 2010 for oem stock rims and they look great and ride very nice. Just enough ride noise to let you know they are there. Havent been off road yet but I will soon and see how they perform. Did some research and all was good with the reviews. Good luck with your search.