Spare wheel & tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monte87

Reaction score
Hey guys-

2022 Raptor, currently 35 tire set up truck. I just got some new 37pp wheels that I am having installed soon and going to retain the 35 tires, but don't have a 5th 37pp wheel for my spare yet. I have my 35 wheel spare and tire. Can i use the 35 spare with new 37pp wheels on truck until i get the proper 5th 37pp wheel?
Or can i keep the 35 wheel and tire and just use a 4MM spacer whenever i need to use spare? The OFFSET difference from going 35 wheels to 37 is 4MM......

Thanks Anthony

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, I have a second spare as the factory wheel and I have aftermarket wheels. Unless you plan on driving on a spare for weeks, I wouldn't care in the slightest about 4mm of offset at least for me anyway. Either way neither wheel is going to cause the tire to interact with the suspension, frame, or body. I wouldn't worry about it in the interim while you get 1 more wheel.

Last edited:

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most modern vehicles don't have a full size spare (if they even have a spare at all). So I would see no issue with using the 35 for a short period of time.

I do like having a matching set up though so I can do a five wheel rotation

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
I mean, I have a second spare as the factory wheel and I have aftermarket wheels. Unless you plan on driving on a spare for weeks, I wouldn't care in the slightest about 4mm of offset at least for me anyway. Either way neither wheel is going to interact with the suspension or frame. I wouldn't worry about it in the interim while you get 1 more wheel.
Thanks for reply Shigman!!! Appreicate it! The spare would be temporary
I was more concerned with the differntials and offset, should the 4mm diff make a differnece??
Anthony

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
Most modern vehicles don't have a full size spare (if they even have a spare at all). So I would see no issue with using the 35 for a short period of time.

I do like having a matching set up though so I can do a five wheel rotation
Thank you for reply, Rogue!!!

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if the lug nuts are different or slightly different on the 37pp wheels vs the standard 35 wheels, but Id keep some lug nuts that go with the 35 wheel just in case. Someone might chime in on that.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
Im not sure if the lug nuts are different or slightly different on the 37pp wheels vs the standard 35 wheels, but Id keep some lug nuts that go with the 35 wheel just in case. Someone might chime in on that.
I'm not sure, I dont think so.. But i bought gorilla aftermaket 1 piece lugs for new wheels. I will def hold onto 6 old lugs in case. Thanks for advice. I will try when wheels are installed and double check and let everyone know for future reference.
Thanks Anthony