Wheel & Tire Recs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMach3p5

Reaction score
Looking to replace my 37pp OEM wheels with something more practical for what I plan to do with the truck. I’m running stock suspension, leveled with RPG collars in the front. Don’t plan on changing my suspension at all and want to continue running 37s. I off-road about once a month, Southern California/Arizona desert trail mostly. Baja run planned for next late next year. Going to buy 6 wheels as I want 2 full spares. There are dunes out where I go off trail so I need a wheel I can bring down to those low pressures. I’ve heard Method 704 bead grips are a good option for what I want to do but want to see if anything else recommends something specific for what I plan to do. Would also love a tire recommendation. Something practical and good for the amount of off-roading I do (10-12 trips per year) with a full Baja run planned for next year. Don’t know a lot about wheel offsets but I think I want something offset. Enlighten me please, I’m new to this.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my 37pp OEM wheels with something more practical for what I plan to do with the truck. I’m running stock suspension, leveled with RPG collars in the front. Don’t plan on changing my suspension at all and want to continue running 37s. I off-road about once a month, Southern California/Arizona desert trail mostly. Baja run planned for next late next year. Going to buy 6 wheels as I want 2 full spares. There are dunes out where I go off trail so I need a wheel I can bring down to those low pressures. I’ve heard Method 704 bead grips are a good option for what I want to do but want to see if anything else recommends something specific for what I plan to do. Would also love a tire recommendation. Something practical and good for the amount of off-roading I do (10-12 trips per year) with a full Baja run planned for next year. Don’t know a lot about wheel offsets but I think I want something offset. Enlighten me please, I’m new to this.
I’m confused… why do you think your OEM wheels aren’t practical for some off-roading you plan to do? What you describe is precisely what they are designed for. Even the sand running you are describing… airing down to 15-20 psi… why do you think you need something special there? More often than not… you are stepping down in quality for aftermarket in comparison to the OEM wheel that came on your 37pp. Just my opinion… I’m sure you’ll hear other opinions too. But clarify your concerns and others here will offer technical advice for whatever problem you are trying to solve for.

Edit: you also created 2 identical threads minutes apart.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s no way a quick search of this forum would yield a plethora of information on wheel and tire selection and fitment.

OP
OP
RaptorMach3p5

RaptorMach3p5

Reaction score
I’m confused… why do you think your OEM wheels aren’t practical for some off-roading you plan to do? What you describe is precisely what they are designed for. Even the sand running you are describing… airing down to 15-20 psi… why do you think you need something special there? More often than not… you are stepping down in quality for aftermarket in comparison to the OEM wheel that came on your 37pp. Just my opinion… I’m sure you’ll hear other opinions too. But clarify your concerns and others here will offer technical advice for whatever problem you are trying to solve for.

Edit: you also created 2 identical threads minutes apart.
I’m saying I probably don't need the OEMs. I don’t know when I’d ever actually use the beadlocks, I don’t own the beauty rings and it seems like a pain in the ass to have to install them whenever I go off-road. I know I can air down without the locks and be just fine but if I’m not using them it feels like a waste. I could probably sell them and cover the cost of 6 new bead grips that would do more for me than me using the OEMs without the locks. I don’t have a concern to be clarified, merely asking for recommendations that’s all.

OP
OP
RaptorMach3p5

RaptorMach3p5

Reaction score
I’m sure there’s no way a quick search of this forum would yield a plethora of information on wheel and tire selection and fitment.
I could spend an hour trying to find threads that might “help” my efforts, or spend a minute creating this thread in an effort to get exactly the information I’m looking for my specific application. Seems like a no brainer to me. I figure someone will come along that would genuinely enjoy giving me some recs regardless of whether or not there might be other information somewhere else on the forum. It appears you aren’t that person though but I respect where you’re coming from, probably gets annoying when new people ask old questions. Maybe just ignore it?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could spend an hour trying to find threads that might “help” my efforts, or spend a minute creating this thread in an effort to get exactly the information I’m looking for my specific application. Seems like a no brainer to me. I figure someone will come along that would genuinely enjoy giving me some recs regardless of whether or not there might be other information somewhere else on the forum. It appears you aren’t that person though but I respect where you’re coming from, probably gets annoying when new people ask old questions. Maybe just ignore it?
Not trying to be an ahole, but just saying there’s an insane amount of threads on the subject. You might get better recommendations and advice if you come with a few options and asking for a more specific recommendation since wheels are largely a subjective personal taste thing.

With that said the oem wheels are forged, strong, and good quality. IMO any wheel around the $200/wheel range is an absolute downgrade.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with above, just consider that your factory wheels are very high quality and forged. Putting cheaper wheels on… is just that. I didn’t like the style of mine so I got another set of forged beadlock-style wheels and it was about $3k.