This week's Raptor Supercharger install at JDM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37X13.5-20 will need spacers to get the truck stance "right" as the wider fenders leave 1-2" too much room...

Damn up to 37's. I have the A/T II's, wanted the R/T's but back order was too long. Stayed at stock rim size 17' and went a touch smaller on diameter and width, but these are my winter tires so wanted be able to put chains on them, no lift. Went with a new rim though to get the added offset to make sure I had room for chains. Think I did the Fuel Anza's. I know I've read this but I can't recall where but from memory the offset total should be no more than 6/-6 or 0.....maybe you know or someone else will chime in. I know I stayed within 'acceptable' range.

A/T II's have been good so far in ice/snow/mud and dry. Just too damn stiff. Tire is a bit easier to spin as well, but to be expected since narrower and smaller. The BFG's are a much smoother ride on and off road. A/T II's are much better after I aired them down, but still not as smooth as the stock BFG's. First time off road with the A/T II's didn't go a mile and jumped out and aired them down the ride was so rough, was on the same road the week before with the BFG's and BFG's I never aired down..

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The oil pump gears have been an issue for less than 1% of our customers. Over 500+ Supercharged Raptors that we've tuned and sold superchargers to I've heard of less than 5 failures. Now that being said I would 90% of our customers don't take their trucks off road. The oil pump gears shatter from heavy on/off throttle use or bouncing off the rev limiter. This can happen in snow, sand, mud, or dirt. So if your one of these guys then it's a good idea. We are also not going to push the power and torque limits of these stock gears like some guys do. The truck should stay around 500-520 RWHP on a safe tune up, there are people pushing closer to 600 RWHP and that's were you need it even for the street.

We've had issues with oil pump gears on the 3V Mustangs we raced for years back about 10 years ago from 05-10 models. The gears would shatter around 600 RWHP or so under a hard launch at the track or if we nailed the rev limiter really hard. It was the same thing for those cars, but we never installed them unless we were building the engine, even some customers elected not to and they were fine. It is just a peace of mind thing but we are confident in all the trucks we have built with out them, and the numbers speak for them-self!

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Wow that truck looks amazing, It's exactly what I want to do with mine. Could you help me out by explaining all of the modifications you did to the exterior. What kind of fenders, Wheel and tire setup,what perch, and are the fenders color matched with paint or a wrap.

I'm most interested in the tire and wheel set up. If you could give exact specifications of them I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if i'm everywhere with this post I'm just excited to see such a nice truck. I apologize if some of these questions have already been answered.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that truck looks amazing, It's exactly what I want to do with mine. Could you help me out by explaining all of the modifications you did to the exterior. What kind of fenders, Wheel and tire setup,what perch, and are the fenders color matched with paint or a wrap.

I'm most interested in the tire and wheel set up. If you could give exact specifications of them I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if i'm everywhere with this post I'm just excited to see such a nice truck. I apologize if some of these questions have already been answered.

These are Glassworks 2" wider fenders and bed sides (2" rise in the front and 1" in the back). Fenders are painted tux oem black. Flares, side steps, grille, hood vents, fender vents, front bumper and rear bumper are line-x'd (platinum).

Wheels are 20" Method Mesh (matte black) and tires are 37x13.5 Toyo Open Country MT's. Bolts around the rim will be powder coated matte black. Still need to add 1.5" spacers for more aggressive stance.

Truck bed has BakFip F1 and BedRug.

Exterior will still get black satin wrap, head and tail light upgrade and some minor other blacked out details.

Last edited:

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
These are Glassworks 2" wider fenders and bed sides (2" rise in the front and 1" in the back). Fenders are painted tux eom black. Flares, side steps, grille, hood vents, fender vents, front bumper and rear bumper are line-x'd (platinum).

Wheels are 20" Method Mesh (matte black) and tires are 37x13.5 Toyo Open Country MT's. Bolts around the rim will be powder coated matte black. Still need to add 1.5" spacers for more aggressive stance.

Truck bed has BakFip F1 and BedRug.

Exterior will still get black satin wrap, head and tail light upgrade and some minor other blacked out details.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon, I really appreciate it. That truck is a beauty i'd be content if I was you lol, but I can't wait to see the future mods you do! Whenever you get to offroad it maybe you could share with us if you have any rubbing with the 13.5 width tires. I've heard some other members having issues with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter