AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caleb

Reaction score
Sorry, don’t mean to ask an on-topic question but…:p

Just sent back my Yulu E10 after finding out Sirius doesn’t work, my reverse camera wouldn’t work, and the factory usb would t work. Ordered the Autotec Pro instead. Does the autotec require external mics? On the GPS topic, can it use the factory GPS with an adapter? Any gotchas to be aware of for the install? (I’ve become quite familiar/comfortable pulling my dash apart while troubleshooting the Yulu)

…and now back to tinfoil hat discussions ;)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, don’t mean to ask an on-topic question but…:p

Just sent back my Yulu E10 after finding out Sirius doesn’t work, my reverse camera wouldn’t work, and the factory usb would t work. Ordered the Autotec Pro instead. Does the autotec require external mics? On the GPS topic, can it use the factory GPS with an adapter? Any gotchas to be aware of for the install? (I’ve become quite familiar/comfortable pulling my dash apart while troubleshooting the Yulu)

…and now back to tinfoil hat discussions ;)
So since it retains sync3 you don't need an external mic, at least I haven't ever needed one. I only use carplay though, which again I use through sync. AS for the GPS, if you are using sync, you don't need an additional GPS but if you want to run waze or google maps or whatever via the tablet itself (fullscreen I might add) you need the additional gps antenna for the unit. You kind of have to think of it now as having 2 separate units, sync and and unrestricted tablet.

caleb

Reaction score
So since it retains sync3 you don't need an external mic, at least I haven't ever needed one. I only use carplay though, which again I use through sync. AS for the GPS, if you are using sync, you don't need an additional GPS but if you want to run waze or google maps or whatever via the tablet itself (fullscreen I might add) you need the additional gps antenna for the unit. You kind of have to think of it now as having 2 separate units, sync and and unrestricted tablet.
Good info. How does sync do gps tracking without a gps? (i.e. if I don't hook the factory antenna back-up) I don't ever use sync and always have used Waze/Onx/Gaia/etc so looks like I'll be hooking the GPS up :cool:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info. How does sync do gps tracking without a gps? (i.e. if I don't hook the factory antenna back-up) I don't ever use sync and always have used Waze/Onx/***/etc so looks like I'll be hooking the GPS up :cool:
Not sure why you wouldn't retain the factory GPS but yeah, if you don't hook it up sync will have no GPS.

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I opted for the 12.1...installed 2 weekends ago at the same time I installed my Sanctum console lid and the flipped gear selector lighting Ford forgot to do with their cheap a$$es...

Still figuring out all the settings - only drawback for me is the backup camera brightness. Fully turned up, but too dark, especially on a sunny day or @ night.

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_230849808.jpg
    PXL_20240128_230849808.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 57