Another AC Thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Here we go.

Truck has 109K on it, never been in the desert. Let me paint a picture. Its 70 degrees outside, direct sunlight. I am idling during lunch for about 30 minutes. AC is maybe 65-70 degrees on LO, max AC w/Recirculate. I can hear the blower motor going (kinda whistles?), compressor kicks on and off when i hit the AC button, all the levels work, condenser looks clean, blower motor plug is secure, but the big hovercraft fan doesn't seem to want to turn on and there is no puddle of water.

Driving home, 76 degrees, AC blowing on MAX and recirc but its a little cooler. Around 60 I suppose.

Heat works amazing, and the blend door moves as it should. I do not have access to AC test stuff so I was wondering if anyone (who is still active cause the threads I did find were old) could point me in the direction of what i COULD check with a multimeter or common tools.

AC in a can is a last resort, that I do know.

Thank you

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure ALL the blend doors are doing what they are supposed to?
I have one that is not.
AC works good through all the vents EXCEPT the one blowing at the driver's face.
When I first got the truck, I thought AC wasn't working at all.
One of these days I will fix it.
Been driving around with part in the console over a year now...

OP
OP
CleverGirl_

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Are you sure ALL the blend doors are doing what they are supposed to?
I have one that is not.
AC works good through all the vents EXCEPT the one blowing at the driver's face.
When I first got the truck, I thought AC wasn't working at all.
One of these days I will fix it.
Been driving around with part in the console over a year now...
None of the vents are cool.
Back vents front vents floor vents her vents his vents lol

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was on the same search. Mine was low. Not empty but low I think mine has a leak somewhere. Stealership said when I bought it that they had serviced it. If that is the case. It has been a year. so.... I MIGHT have a leak. I hope it just the condenser. Has anyone had to replace the evaporator? Could be just an o ring If I get lucky. Going to sniff it this weekend. see if I can find anything. I hate AC work!!!!!!!

stevelp99

Reaction score
If the blower motor isn't spinning start with the resistor.

I had an issue where the AC was not keeping up, temp and air flow wise. There was a blend door actuator that wasn't working properly, but it was just the one under the driver side in charge of air flow direction,. I changed it but problem persisted. I checked the charge, compressor, and motor, everything was fine. I replaced the resistor just because I was throwing stuff at it at this point. Turned out the recirc door broke off and was broken and stuck up against the air inlet going toward the motor. so I replaced the recirc flap and actuator motor, and its been good since. Thought I'd throw in this idea. It is also possible to do it with out removing the dash, but takes a bout 3 hrs.