AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@old Ford guy asked for it! So here it is. :oops:

I ordered my Autotech Pro 14.4" screen earlier in the month. It shipped FAST! It was able to make it from C-H-Y-N-A-H faster than the DoorDash kid can get me a good General Tso Chicken and Lo Maine noodal from down the street! :burnout:

The box from Shenzhen was well packaged. I'm sure all of the ones on Alibabba come from the same place. I'm also sure Autotecpro is just a drop-shipper. None-the-less, I ordered from them because I've heard good things about their customer service.

IMG_0160.jpeg

I've been patiently waiting to get to this weekend for the install. TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! I made my favorite "in the garage working on stuff" drink..... yanked all the OEM schtuff out of the truck (took two seconds, lots of different YouTube vids if you need that sorta thing.... it's a 7mm nut driver socket and a panel tool. Figure it out. Whiskey helps. Lol YES, the B&O center speaker grill sounds like it will break into a million pieces when you yank on it. It won't.)

image.jpg

The instructions are good. There is a QR code included in the box with quick links to the YouTube vids:

I got all the OEM stuff removed and on the bench.

image.jpg

Here's where things came to screeching halt. Sigh.....

They sent two of the SAME climate control bezel. :( I didn't realize until I had all the gutz disconnected from the OEM unit to swap to the new part. Grrrr....

IMG_0164.jpeg

So here we are. I have to stuff everything in the dash and WAIT. :shakehead:

I HATE WAITING! I've emailed Autotecpro to get a new bezel sent. I'll report back when I hear from them.

.......... nothing is EVER easy. :suicide:

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I ordered my Autotech Pro 14.4" screen earlier in the month. It shipped FAST! It was able to make it from C-H-Y-N-A-H faster than the DoorDash kid can get me a good General Tso Chicken and Lo Maine noodal from down the street! :burnout:

The box from Shenzhen was well packaged. I'm sure all of the ones on Alibabba come from the same place. I'm also sure Autotecpro is just a drop-shipper. None-the-less, I ordered from them because I've heard good things about their customer service.

View attachment 441020

I've been patiently waiting to get to this weekend for the install. TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! I made my favorite "in the garage working on stuff" drink..... yanked all the OEM schtuff out of the truck (took two seconds, lots of different YouTube vids if you need that sorta thing.... it's a 7mm nut driver socket and a panel tool. Figure it out. Whiskey helps. Lol YES, the B&O center speaker grill sounds like it will break into a million pieces when you yank on it. It won't.)

View attachment 441021

The instructions are good. There is a QR code included in the box with quick links to the YouTube vids:

View attachment 441023

They sent two of the SAME climate control bezel. :( I didn't realize until I had all the gutz disconnected from the OEM unit to swap to the new part. Grrrr....

View attachment 441024

I HATE WAITING! I've emailed Autotecpro to get a new bezel sent. I'll report back when I hear from them.

200.gif
MAXIMUM EFFORT!

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autotecpro got back with me early this morning. They apologized and are sending the correct part "right away". I wonder where it will be coming from... hopefully I get a tracking number.

More to come!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the unit working with the stock usb ports or do you have a cable hanging out?

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the unit working with the stock usb ports or do you have a cable hanging out?
So funny you mention that! Everything OEM should work (the Sync brains are intact). However there are two other USBs that need to be used for different things pertaining to the screen (a tablet, really). There is a USB for data and a dedicated USB for updating the tablet bios and software. Normally people just run them to the glove box and let them hang there. I went a different way.

I got two flush-mount USB cables from Amazon:

IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg

Then I modified the center channel tray to accommodate them.

IMG_0175.jpeg

Looks pretty good, I think.

IMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg

The USBs from the pigtail will plug into these and should be good to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received the correct bezel part from Autotecpro today. It came from Ontario... so at least they have some parts here on this continent. That's good to know.

Not sure if I'll have time to get things installed tonight. :(

Last edited:

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 441020

View attachment 441021

View attachment 441023

View attachment 441024

Following for your install. Bummer on the bezel but glad they sent it decently fast. Mind sharing the link to the purchase?

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following for your install. Bummer on the bezel but glad they sent it decently fast. Mind sharing the link to the purchase?
Here's the link to the one I purchased. Some people have got them from Alibaba but I wanted at least a chance of some tech help or customer service if needed (turns out, it WAS needed with bezel).

So, I slapped everything together and tossed it in there last night. :emotions36: Couldn't help myself. I'm happy to report that EVERYTHING WORKS! CarPlay, the original Sync system, OEM cameras, Youtube, and all the rest of the apps I've tried.But, I didn't install the 4G antenna(s) because I'm not using any of that right now. I also just kept the GPS antenna balled up under the center channel speaker (seems to work fine. Either that or it's using the OEM one, not sure)

Sooooooo..... sometime this weekend I'm going to take it all out and tidy some things up. I'll take pictures then. I also need to figure out some things with the tablet in general. It has SO MANY settings, it's going to take a while to wrap my head around it all. (I'm Android impaired) So, more to come!

Snapped this on the way home from work this evening :cool:
image_67212545.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter