The Differing Modes of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the Nav bitch to understand the command 'Raptor Mode On' - which turns off all the nannies.

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the Nav bitch to understand the command 'Raptor Mode On' - which turns off all the nannies.

All in Favour say I!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
CHEERS!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is some great info here, thanks to all. I do have one question. So if I was to take a trail, not high high speeds, and for the most part it was flat, but there indeed were some very steep hills to climb with loose dirt and rocks, I would assume the best mode to be in would be off road mode then 4HI?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
There is some great info here, thanks to all. I do have one question. So if I was to take a trail, not high high speeds, and for the most part it was flat, but there indeed were some very steep hills to climb with loose dirt and rocks, I would assume the best mode to be in would be off road mode then 4HI?
2wd w/ the locker on should do the trick too.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
ok so since I have yet to be off road, I assume lockers just locked the rear wheels?
Yes. 4 HI works good for that kind of driving too..you just have to play with it a little and see what feels more comfortable to you. its funny how each different mode makes the truck handle with a slightly different attitude.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. 4 HI works good for that kind of driving too..you just have to play with it a little and see what feels more comfortable to you. its funny how each different mode makes the truck handle with a slightly different attitude.
True that. And its a point that can't be overstated. Don't assume you know how the truck is going to respond and handle in one mode, based on experience with another mode. They're all just different enough to require your attention, if you're not used to 'em.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the locker control is for the rear end.

I figures so if I was going slow on some trails that had a bunch of hills (like heading into Sloan since it is behind my house) I would be better with 4 wheel rather than locking the rear. I wont be doing any hi speed or crazy driving, just up and down hills with loose gravel and stone.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want you can use both 4WD and the locker on at the same time.

I use 4-Hi when we're driving in tight twisty soft stuff so the front wheels help keep traction and do some pulling around the curves. When it's more open terrain I'll run 2WD with the locker on and then I can slide the Raptor (kind of an oversteer) rear end around the turns doing more steering with the skinny/go pedal.