The Differing Modes of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 will burn the tires for quite a while if I hammer it from a stop, the traction control doesn't kick in right away, and sometimes it'll just start burning the tires again after it stops, I just need better springs to get rid of the axle wrap

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 will burn the tires for quite a while if I hammer it from a stop, the traction control doesn't kick in right away, and sometimes it'll just start burning the tires again after it stops, I just need better springs to get rid of the axle wrap

Interesting.... i have stock BFG's, but I siped them...I know siping improves tire performance and grip (IMHO) but no way the power brake nanny is letting me do a smoky burnout from a standing stop on dry pavement. A reassuring and confident but short-lived squeal, yes, but making the back tires mercilessly submit to 400+ lb.ft. of demon torque....not likely.

Last edited:

East Bay Operator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off Road Mode

I know when you turn the Off Road Mode on it changes throttle settings and other things. It feels like the throttle response and truck is very sluggish in this mode, anyone else feel the same way? Main reason I activate it is because I like having the lockers engaged at high speed.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I know when you turn the Off Road Mode on it changes throttle settings and other things. It feels like the throttle response and truck is very sluggish in this mode, anyone else feel the same way? Main reason I activate it is because I like having the lockers engaged at high speed.

Actually, it changes the throttle map so you can hold your speed. Say at 50% throttle, it will hold your speed so you can hold drifts without tapping the throttle. Its very convenient. It is strange transitioning from having to vary your throttle to a completely different map that you have to hold in a certain position to vary your speed but I love it in that mode.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP try this: Off Road Mode - On, Advance Trac - Off, Tow Haul Mode - On. This is what I use when wheeling. It rocks, seriously!

What does two haul mode do? I've need done that.

And OP, off road mode does feel sluggish if you're not working the proper RPMs. You've really gotta give it gas. Example...this weekend i was averaging 6.4 mpg with offroad mode on, advance trac off, and two wheel diff lock on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tow haul is for pulling trailers, does a bit of engine braking and holds gears longer. Off-road mode supersedes and disables tow haul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you use ORM enough and get used to it, you will like it. The engine is not sluggish, you just need to push the throttle harder / faster