The Differing Modes of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This might help...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/2010-raptor-off-road-advancetrac-modes-explained-6618/

SVTRaptorOffRoadFeaturescroppedenla.jpg

SVTRaptorOffRoadFeaturesOverview-SV.jpg

SVTRaptorOffRoadFeaturesOverviewxls.jpg

advancetrac.jpg

TCS = Traction Control System; functions to help avoid drive-wheel spin and loss of traction.
ECS = Electronic stability control; functions to help avoid skids or lateral slides.
RSC = Roll Stability Control; functions to help avoid a vehicle roll-over.

The Raptor supplement points back to the manual (and this chart), so I think we can assume it applies to our trucks as well.

And there's this thread:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/differing-modes-raptor-6926/

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

Does anyone know how trailer sway control fits in the picture? I had heard that there is benefit in turning it off.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think off road mode changes torque converter clutch lock up rates, I noticed it while driving with slight throttle on the street with off road mode on just to see what would happen and the truck was noticably slower to accelerate but got much better fuel mileage at low speeds due to what I believe to be less torque multiplication and less energy wasted because the torque converter was not being allowed to slip

I also agree with ford that off road mode should not be used on road due to the torque converter clutch locking up earlier than normal and causing excessive strain on the engine and transmission, please do not use off road mode to try and improve mileage, you will more than likely also reduce the life of your transmission and/or engine, I only used it for less than half a mile, and stopped using it on road after that

Last edited:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam...for the life of me, I cannot find out the "Burnout" button.... quite embarrassing at the Woodward cruise or show and shine. I have tried possible every setting and config combination known to man on my 2011 SCREW, including pulling fuse 36 (ABS/RSC) to no avail. My manual says that, regardless of settings, the brake/throttle electric nanny is still active (I'd like to shoot that nanny bitch). Now, I'm not talking about doing stupid burnouts in the hood or in front of the local elementary school, and my tires are due to be replaced, with my $$, in less than 5K miles (after getting 50K miles out of the AT KO's), but every once in a while, come on. Ok, I'm all calmed down now....rant-end.

Attachments

• image-4038617083.jpg
    image-4038617083.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 119

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Dam...for the life of me, I cannot find out the "Burnout" button.... quite embarrassing at the Woodward cruise or show and shine. I have tried possible every setting and config combination known to man on my 2011 SCREW, including pulling fuse 36 (ABS/RSC) to no avail. My manual says that, regardless of settings, the brake/throttle electric nanny is still active (I'd like to shoot that nanny bitch). Now, I'm not talking about doing stupid burnouts in the hood or in front of the local elementary school, and my tires are due to be replaced, with my $$, in less than 5K miles (after getting 50K miles out of the AT KO's), but every once in a while, come on. Ok, I'm all calmed down now....rant-end.

Mmmmm I did few burn outs at the Woodward cruise.
Fun! lol

That is one thing I'll miss if I ever upgrade the Raptor.
It does it so effortlessly, love it!

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why '10s are the best year

Hmmm.....You got a point there...Ok, now I gotta find a hack....Maybe an aftermarket tune? I wonder if the brake sensor is in the wheels or the pedal? If I unplug the brake light switch, or rig it into one of my upfitter switches, will it still tell the nanny I have the brake depressed?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm.....You got a point there...Ok, now I gotta find a hack....Maybe an aftermarket tune? I wonder if the brake sensor is in the wheels or the pedal? If I unplug the brake light switch, or rig it into one of my upfitter switches, will it still tell the nanny I have the brake depressed?

That is a thought... Just wondering if it will throw a fit like when the third brake light has moisture in it..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquez47