The Gen 1 itch has returned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me all 3 gens look 80% like the generation of F150 they start from. Sure they are all amped up, but 95% of people out there think these trucks are “bro modified” regular F150s. It’s mind boggling how much s h i t throwing goes on over headlight shapes essentially. In case everyone’s forgotten what we’ve all got…lol:hidesbehindsofa:
It's the fenders. Gen 2 and 3 are essentially flat sided. You can't do the pointy aggro styling thing and have curves in your fenders- that would clash. They get the extra width by being wider right at the top, then there is a squared body line where the fender drops nearly straight down like any other F150, or any other truck in general. The Gen 1 fenders have a long smooth arc from the top of the fender to the start of the flare.

SlickTrick

Reaction score
It's the fenders. Gen 2 and 3 are essentially flat sided. You can't do the pointy aggro styling thing and have curves in your fenders- that would clash. They get the extra width by being wider right at the top, then there is a squared body line where the fender drops nearly straight down like any other F150, or any other truck in general. The Gen 1 fenders have a long smooth arc from the top of the fender to the start of the flare.
You gen 1 guys are tough..

It is totally, to me gen one is so rounded I really like the gen 2 with a different bumper setup it’s such a wide more squared style… I’m not into those rounded PT cruiser styled lines.

I wonder if gen 2 stuck with the 6.2 would we even be having this conversation?

mtnghost

Reaction score
To me all 3 gens look 80% like the generation of F150 they start from. Sure they are all amped up, but 95% of people out there think these trucks are “bro modified” regular F150s. It’s mind boggling how much s h i t throwing goes on over headlight shapes essentially. In case everyone’s forgotten what we’ve all got…lol:hidesbehindsofa:
View attachment 452776

View attachment 452777

View attachment 452778
Personally my favorite look is the gen two, gen one has seriously grown on me and started to change my mind. My main reason for getting the gen one was reliability, also v8 and truck just belong together. Only diesel can disrupt that mold in my opinion. But that’s all that these posts are, opinions. All raptors are fantastic platforms!

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You gen 1 guys are tough..

It is totally, to me gen one is so rounded I really like the gen 2 with a different bumper setup it’s such a wide more squared style… I’m not into those rounded PT cruiser styled lines.

I wonder if gen 2 stuck with the 6.2 would we even be having this conversation?
You like Lamborghini-esque styling that literally everything has now, I get it. Everyone else likes it too. You see it on Camrys and Priuses, it's that played out now. Ford has moved away from that look on the Gen 3.

The thing with the rounded fenders and hood on the Raptor is that it's the traditional look of a baja truck. Gen 2 and 3 trucks look more like a bro-dozer with properly sized fenders for their giant wheels and tires than they do a baja truck. They are nice looking trucks, but I dont see a baja truck when I look at them.

If the Gen 2 had kept the 6.2L, this exterior styling critique discussion would still happen.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You like Lamborghini-esque styling that literally everything has now, I get it. Everyone else likes it too. You see it on Camrys and Priuses, it's that played out now. Ford has moved away from that look on the Gen 3.

The thing with the rounded fenders and hood on the Raptor is that it's the traditional look of a baja truck. Gen 2 and 3 trucks look more like a bro-dozer with properly sized fenders for their giant wheels and tires than they do a baja truck. They are nice looking trucks, but I dont see a baja truck when I look at them.

If the Gen 2 had kept the 6.2L, this exterior styling critique discussion would still happen.
Lamborghini-esque styling :happy175:

You truly are a delusional Gen 1 fanboy.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like them all, the Gen 3 look is really growing on me, but I get the reason why some think the G1 looks better.
As my wife describes it, it looks meaner the fenders look like they are more pronounced.
When the Gen 2/3 gets fenders etc it looks mean too, it just looks less stalky than a G1 in stock form.
My Poverty Runner had Gen 2 conversion glass that was 92 inches wide.. it looked mean.

Attachments

• 11 Rap.jpg
    11 Rap.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Pov Run 2.jpg
    Pov Run 2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 7
  • Poverty Runner1.jpg
    Poverty Runner1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7