Texas Raptor Run - Which Run Group do you think you'll be in?

Texas Raptor Run - Which Run Group do you think you'll be in?

• U - Unlimited

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • A - Highly Experienced

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • B - Experienced

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • C - Newbie...we were all here once! Unless you are Mario Andretti or Robbie Gordon

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I know the rules say no passing in group b, c, but did we say it was ok to come up on them and have them wave you by when safe?

Yeah, this will be discussed in the drivers meeting/school.

We will have one drivers meeting around 2 on Friday before the track is open, and then one on Saturday morning early.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm downgrading myself from B to C to start. I want a nice and easy first lap before I get on it.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Yes. You can pass as long as they pull over for you. Just no passing at speed.

I'm sure they will tell us all that if there is someone on your ass to pull to the right and wave them by.

Yeah, this will be discussed in the drivers meeting/school.

We will have one drivers meeting around 2 on Friday before the track is open, and then one on Saturday morning early.
Sounds like you've got this well covered, and I'm sure I'm jumping the gun so feel free to tell me to **** already, but have you guys considered "point by" passing? The driver in front literally sticks his left hand out his driver side window and points forward, signalling to the guy behind to go ahead.

I've seen some ugliness happen when the faster driver assumed the slower driver was pulling over for them, but they weren't ... to avoid all that, the rule could be there is no passing on the right whatsoever, and only passing on the left when "pointed by" the lead driver?

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got this well covered, and I'm sure I'm jumping the gun so feel free to tell me to **** already, but have you guys considered "point by" passing? The driver in front literally sticks his left hand out his driver side window and points forward, signalling to the guy behind to go ahead.

I've seen some ugliness happen when the faster driver assumed the slower driver was pulling over for them, but they weren't ... to avoid all that, the rule could be there is no passing on the right whatsoever, and only passing on the left when "pointed by" the lead driver?

But what if my nittos throw a big rock at my hand and now i'm hurt haha :pp: The reason i say this is it happen to my buddy who had just burn his hand and then on the way home he was cooling it off out the window and it picked up a big rock and hit his hand. I thought he was going to **** him self.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But what if my nittos throw a big rock at my hand and now i'm hurt haha :pp: The reason i say this is it happen to my buddy who had just burn his hand and then on the way home he was cooling it off out the window and it picked up a big rock and hit his hand. I thought he was going to **** him self.
Haha ouch! Its worth the risk, I'm thinkin ;)

Turning on your flashers as you pull over is a good idea too.
True, although that is usually used as a sign that you're having trouble. In beginner classes, that's used to indicate to other drivers you're in distress and need help.

Like I said I'm sure trey and co have this all figured out. Whatever ya'll decide, the key is really going to be with us following the instructions and not deviating from them even a little bit.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
SOP for passing is good solid tap on the bumper. That means you want to pass.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might move up to B and pick "last in the heat", that way I can cruise at my own speed without all the "C" dust... :waytogo: