Opinion - Do you think I can put 37s with this build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay513

Reaction score
IMG_5752.jpegIMG_5760.jpeg
FRS 3.0 and Deaver +3 installed. 17x9x0 Primm
Current stock K02s are 33.5inch, which are too small from my perspective.
I read all the 37 threads, just curious on what forum thinks.
Considering Toyo RT/Trail 37/12.5/17 or open to 35s if they fill in more with less problems in future.
I understand I may need to trim in the front with 37s. Will I run into any problems down the road? I offroad more for overlanding. Worse case I would jump by accident, lol. What would you do?

Attachments

• IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 19

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you fit them aside, why do you feel you need 37's for overlanding?

OP
OP
Jay513

Jay513

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it for overlanding, more for looks. If 37s will be a problem (ie rubbing, long term wear and tear, more upgrades), then I will stick with 35s. From what I am reading on the threads this set up will work with 37s, right?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it for overlanding, more for looks. If 37s will be a problem (ie rubbing, long term wear and tear, more upgrades), then I will stick with 35s. From what I am reading on the threads this set up will work with 37s, right?
Yes they will fit, but you will have additional wear and tear. I know a few members had steering racks fail with 37's and unresolved vibration as a result. To me, with the Gen 2, the juice isn't worth the squeeze to run 37's for purely aesthetic reasons. Not to mention, your hypothetical "jump" could tear your fenders off easily.

AP3X_FTW

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Leadfoot that is very similar to yours and I went back and forth on 37's for a long time. Once the original tires were shot I decided to got for it and have never looked back. The truck looks so much better, and aside from a little scrubbing at full lock in reverse I haven't had any issues. With that said, if you plan to use the truck thoroughly off road you will experience contact under major compression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter