Will you even consider a Cybertruck (Fun Poll)

Will you consider Cybertruck over Raptor

• YES

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • NO

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't get behind anything that the government can just turn off via wifi. Thats not freedom. That's obedience.
You do realize all your ford's have more information amd privacy invasion then teslas right? It was rated one of the worst if not #1 worst privacy offender.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
You do realize all your ford's have more information amd privacy invasion then teslas right? It was rated one of the worst if not #1 worst privacy offender.
It sure is, IF you allow the built-in connectivity. Ford also records more data that is available in non-volatile memory after a crash incident. Most OEMs have the data recording as well, just not as much data as Ford. I recommend do NOT allow all the Ford Pass “convenience” features as it all goes to Ford servers. They record so much data their servers crash occasionally and Ford Pass fails to work. We, the buying public, are data providers for their (Google, Facebook, etc.) profit.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

Sure. They can track the toy and see all of the Starbucks I go to. But the Raptor is not my daily driver.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a $100 deposit down super early and just got an email that I can configure a Foundation edition for January-March 2024 delivery.

Thought about buying it to flip it, but $100K for what will realistically be mid-200 miles of range in a thing that looks like that does is way too risky for me to buy, fail to flip, and have to potentially keep. There's also zero chance I'd replace my Raptor with it and I have no need for two trucks.

How Elon hasn't been sued for false advertising / false claims about range is beyond me. Here's a comparison of specs when announced to specs now:

As announced: Tri-motor, 500+ miles of range, $70k
As released: dual motor, barely 300 miles of range, $100K ($80K later on). $120K if you want the tri-motor and even less range ($100K later on).

We'll probably replace my wife's Model 3 with a Rivian R1S soon. Doubt we'll ever buy another Tesla.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a $100 deposit down super early and just got an email that I can configure a Foundation edition for January-March 2024 delivery.

Thought about buying it to flip it, but $100K for what will realistically be mid-200 miles of range in a thing that looks like that does is way too risky for me to buy, fail to flip, and have to potentially keep. There's also zero chance I'd replace my Raptor with it and I have no need for two trucks.

How Elon hasn't been sued for false advertising / false claims about range is beyond me. Here's a comparison of specs when announced to specs now:

As released: dual motor, barely 300 miles of range, $100K ($80K later on). $120K if you want the tri-motor and even less range ($100K later on).

We'll probably replace my wife's Model 3 with a Rivian R1S soon. Doubt we'll ever buy another Tesla.
Can I have your order?

I'm too far down the line. Almost pulled the trigger on an R1T dual max pack and looking at an R1S for the wife. They are entirely too problematic to being reliable (quad or dual) and catastrophic failures to even consider being they are $100K bricks on wheels. I've been researching alternative especially with charging network for road trips and there isn't anything else. I've been using electrify America and evgo with the CCS adapter and those 2 networks are absolutely atrocious. Unreliable as usually 50% of stalls are out of service even though they say they work, charging delivery is all over the place. Then the charging ports on all cars are all different and EA has had to dual head for left and right hand ports, then ports on the front and rear side. It's an absolute shit show watching people charge at EA when its MULTI OEM. San Diego County was fcuktacular that I skipped it and went to Tesla netwotk.

Also every manufacturer ratings and promises have also been broken and incorrectly stated. For years everyone that didn't deliver a product stated they would have more range, accurate range. Mercedes and 600 miles of range. Lucid and 500 miles of range all on vehicles for the masses. Ford GM Kia Hyundai everyone of them fell flat. Efficiency is in the *******. Sales on them have crawled.

Last edited:

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And there are many more undocumented instances.

I'd rather support Elon and his passion to screw profits and push forward for a great product then supporting profits and alphabet soup mafia like Rivian. I sold my R1T after being bricked twice and lemoned. 1/2023 build so no thanks.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I have your order?

I'm too far down the line. Almost pulled the trigger on an R1T dual max pack and looking at an R1S for the wife. They are entirely too problematic to being reliable (quad or dual) and catastrophic failures to even consider being they are $100K bricks on wheels. I've been researching alternative especially with charging network for road trips and there isn't anything else. I've been using electrify America and evgo with the CCS adapter and those 2 networks are absolutely atrocious. Unreliable as usually 50% of stalls are out of service even though they say they work, charging delivery is all over the place. Then the charging ports on all cars are all different and EA has had to dual head for left and right hand ports, then ports on the front and rear side. It's an absolute shit show watching people charge at EA when its MULTI OEM. San Diego County was fcuktacular that I skipped it and went to Tesla netwotk.

Also every manufacturer ratings and promises have also been broken and incorrectly stated. For years everyone that didn't deliver a product stated they would have more range, accurate range. Mercedes and 600 miles of range. Lucid and 500 miles of range all on vehicles for the masses. Ford GM Kia Hyundai everyone of them fell flat. Efficiency is in the *******. Sales on them have crawled.
I already cancelled it unfortunately.

gt3v10

Reaction score
I’ve been debating whether or not to follow through with my cyber truck order placed more than 3 years ago.. or get my dream truck (Raptor) as a daily. I’ve been fortunate to have experienced the cyber truck as a passenger and it is COOL. One issue I have is that it gets way too much attention everywhere you go, which to some could be a good thing. The problem I see is once the hype dies down, Tesla will reduce the price of the truck… again and again. Look at the model s plaid and y and 3. It will continue to lose value every single year and that’s steering me away from getting it. I’m currently 60/40 leaning towards the Raptor. I’ve never owned an EV before but totally love the Ct look and saving gas sounds nice too.

My .02

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been debating whether or not to follow through with my cyber truck order placed more than 3 years ago.. or get my dream truck (Raptor) as a daily. I’ve been fortunate to have experienced the cyber truck as a passenger and it is COOL. One issue I have is that it gets way too much attention everywhere you go, which to some could be a good thing. The problem I see is once the hype dies down, Tesla will reduce the price of the truck… again and again. Look at the model s plaid and y and 3. It will continue to lose value every single year and that’s steering me away from getting it. I’m currently 60/40 leaning towards the Raptor. I’ve never owned an EV before but totally love the Ct look and saving gas sounds nice too.

My .02
You’re here, so you already know the correct answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter