Test Drove a 6.2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when you picking up that 6.2 ray?

I'm holding out for a Blue or Black Raptor...and I have to make room for it first. I've got some guys who is supposed to check out my Buick in the next couple of days.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My color decision came down to not orange...

then I saw a white no graphics and I was like not orange or white...

I literally picked black as I was filling out the order.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My color decision came down to not orange...

then I saw a white no graphics and I was like not orange or white...

I literally picked black as I was filling out the order.

Yes sir,

The wife and I both like the Blue a lot although we don't mind Black either...my truck and the Tahoe are both black.

Reaction score
I figured I'd share my thoughts on the 6.2 since I broke down and test drove one tonight (thanks SOCO, visited Camelback Ford and drove the one you mentioned).

My thoughts:
1. Is it worth upgrading from a 5.4 to a 6.2? Yes, but not in MY2010 (unless you're filthy rich or can get a really good deal). I may consider it in 2011/2012 if they fix some of the minor annoyances in the next few model years.
2. The 6.2 power train is really really good. Those few times when you feel your 5.4 is a little sluggish, well, they're gone.
3. Broke the tires off the ground with a good stomp of the gas and the sales guy was not very happy with me (gotta love the torque). This was during what I was hoping to be my 0-freeway speed run, but the tires kept on going until I let off the throttle.
4. At freeway speeds, the 6.2 has much better passing power than the 5.4.
5. As for the transmission, I didn't notice a huge difference with the 6.2, but it does seem a little better matched to that engine.
6. It seemed like you could feel the extra weight of the 6.2 in the brakes and the steering. It wasn't bad by any means, but it did feel different than my 5.4. I'm interested to see if the 60-0 braking distance has gone up a bit.

Overall, it's a very impressive engine. I'd love to have one, but not enough to take the $34k trade-in offer I got for my fully loaded 5.4.

You 6.2 guys are going to love your trucks. For the 5.4 guys, we're missing out, but not as much as you'd think.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
self control and maturity? Rare for anyone to use those terms when referring to me. :)

the 5.4 vs 6.2 wars are getting old anyhow. I'm going down to test drive a 6.2 on thursday, so we'll see if i have any self control then. Heh.

lol... <gg>

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Overall, it's a very impressive engine. I'd love to have one, but not enough to take the $34k trade-in offer I got for my fully loaded 5.4.

You 6.2 guys are going to love your trucks. For the 5.4 guys, we're missing out, but not as much as you'd think.

Ya the $12000 or so difference doesn't seem worth it....but I can't put a price on all the fun I've had over the last 6mths and 17000 miles!!!

leister9007

Reaction score
I am use to my 93 Bronco 5.8 and my 2000 Explorer 5.0... I just assuming but I'm sure I will be quite impressed with the my 6.2. I did get a good deal I got mine for $36k, white no lux package just a true grit Raptor. I can't wait I ordered it March 19th so I hope to see it around June ish lol.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score