Test Drove a 6.2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PS: I didn't eyeball the whole truck but outside of the window sticker or popping the hood, you couldn't really tell it had a 6.2L. I mean there is no badging or stickers that I could see that stated 6.2L.

Also, the down shifting from nailing it is a little different...it down shifted two gears before it really started moving. This is probably the down shifting I heard about on a Raptor video. I can't recall it being that noticeable with the 5.4L.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course! Well, it all depends on what your justification requirements are. To some, 100 more HP is justification enough :mrgreen: no matter how many thousands of $$$'s they lose.

101 Horsepower, if you don't mind! <G>

Some people can afford to lose thousands without blinking...

I don't look at it a "losing thousands" of dollars. It isn't lost... all I have to do is open my hood.

Gheez-o-pete fellas, I don't understand why so many 5.4 owners are so ready to bash us 6.2 guys. Enough with the snide comments and innuendos if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

If my rational matters at all... the $2,200 I spent on the 6.2 upgrade was primarily an investment. I think 5.4 Raptors are going to be less desirable than an identically equipped 6.2L in the future, IMHO. Whether I trade for a new Raptor in a few years, or I sell it outright... It is still a sound economical decision, and no matter the course I choose in the future. Put simply... I am betting that a 6.2 is going to hold value better than a 5.4.

And in any case... why should anyone care enough to belittle a fella just because he opted for a bigger motor?... no matter WHAT the reasoning. It's America... I can get whatever motor I want. The parallel to your argument is like the F-150 Lariat owner saying "Those Raptor owners... what a bunch of fools. Why would you spend thousands of dollars just to get a Raptor??? My Lariat does just fine offroad. Those idiots are just wasting their money!

I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination... unless you count my Wife, my Sons and my Friends... in that case I am rich beyond compare. But all you have to do is look into my profile and other info I have posted here to realize what MY financial position is.

But I really want a Raptor... mostly because I need a new truck, and have never bought a new vehicle for myself... just for others. My Wife is adamant that I get a NEW truck... and she is excited for me to get my Raptor and listens to me rave about the Boss 6.2 with a smile on her face. She is HAPPY for me... why can't my buddies on the SVT Forum be?

Enough.

Falcon

Reaction score
101 Horsepower, if you don't mind! <G>

I don't look at it a "losing thousands" of dollars. It isn't lost... all I have to do is open my hood.

Gheez-o-pete fellas, I don't understand why so many 5.4 owners are so ready to bash us 6.2 guys. Enough with the snide comments and innuendos if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

If my rational matters at all... the $2,200 I spent on the 6.2 upgrade was primarily an investment. I think 5.4 Raptors are going to be less desirable than an identically equipped 6.2L in the future, IMHO. Whether I trade for a new Raptor in a few years, or I sell it outright... It is still a sound economical decision, and no matter the course I choose in the future. Put simply... I am betting that a 6.2 is going to hold value better than a 5.4.

And in any case... why should anyone care enough to belittle a fella just because he opted for a bigger motor?... no matter WHAT the reasoning. It's America... I can get whatever motor I want. The parallel to your argument is like the F-150 Lariat owner saying "Those Raptor owners... what a bunch of fools. Why would you spend thousands of dollars just to get a Raptor??? My Lariat does just fine offroad. Those idiots are just wasting their money!

I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination... unless you count my Wife, my Sons and my Friends... in that case I am rich beyond compare. But all you have to do is look into my profile and other info I have posted here to realize what MY financial position is.

But I really want a Raptor... mostly because I need a new truck, and have never bought a new vehicle for myself... just for others. My Wife is adamant that I get a NEW truck... and she is excited for me to get my Raptor and listens to me rave about the Boss 6.2 with a smile on her face. She is HAPPY for me... why can't my buddies on the SVT Forum be?

Enough.

Falcon

Hmm, I think you may have missed the point of my previous post. I was asking if the 6.2 was worth trading in my 5.4. As you can imagine, trading in a 2010 5.4 does entail losing thousands of dollars (which I personally can't do without blinking, but may make it through after several shots of tequila and some nausea). I wasn't referring to the $3k difference between the 5.4 and the 6.2.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think you may have missed the point of my previous post. I was asking if the 6.2 was worth trading in my 5.4. As you can imagine, trading in a 2010 5.4 does entail losing thousands of dollars (which I personally can't do without blinking, but may make it through after several shots of tequila and some nausea). I wasn't referring to the $3k difference between the 5.4 and the 6.2.

My bad <G>. I'll buy the first shot <G>. Reading my post, it IS a bit emotional... but I am just a bit tired of people belitting those of us that chose to wait for a 6.2. But I stand by what I said... including buy the first shot!

Falcon

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Enough of a difference to justify trading in a 5.4 Raptor for the 6.2? :) Wish I could find a dealer in AZ that had a 6.2 on the lot so I could get a test drive.

Camelback Ford in Phoenix has an orange one, only option being the accent interior. I was looking at it today when I went to see my white one.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bad <G>. I'll buy the first shot <G>. Reading my post, it IS a bit emotional... but I am just a bit tired of people belitting those of us that chose to wait for a 6.2. But I stand by what I said... including buy the first shot!

Falcon
Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen any belittling, Falcon. At least not here on SVTO. I've seen some differences of opinion, some debate, maybe a little mutual joking... even some disagreement. But I haven't seen anyone try to put down another for their preference. And I hope I don't see it.

SVTO is a flame free zone. "Debate the post, not the poster" is one of our fundamental principals. If you find someone acting contrary to that mantra, report their post and we'll deal with it.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen any belittling, Falcon. At least not here on SVTO. I've seen some differences of opinion, some debate, maybe a little mutual joking... even some disagreement. But I haven't seen anyone try to put down another for their preference. And I hope I don't see it.

SVTO is a flame free zone. "Debate the post, not the poster" is one of our fundamental principals. If you find someone acting contrary to that mantra, report their post and we'll deal with it.

Thanks Jason,

Classic case of a bad choice of words on my part - I take full responsibility for any misunderstanding. Semantics have started more that one argument and several wars. I was using the definition of "Belittling" that I grew up with, i.e. the one in "Wiktionary ...To knowingly say that something is smaller or less important than it actually is."

I was referring to the engines... not the people that "Belittle" the 6.2 because they have a 5.4. But that is not how I phrased it, which is why I am accountable for the confusion. Another misstatement I made is when I tied "People" to "Those of us"... People against people... never good, and due to that not tolerated on SVTO and rightly so.

If I can put a positive spin on this, here it is: I made a statement that was out of line, for the reasons outlined above. MoltenAZRaptor responded tactfully and professionally - pointing out that I had misunderstood the thrust of his comment. I accepted his point, tried to apologize and take any perceived edge off my statement with a little wit... but the semantics issue interjected the wrong message again.

At that point, the Admin stepped in, put his nickels worth into the equation and gently reiterated the policies and mindset that sets us apart from other boards. You didn't PM me with threats and a Tail Chewing, you didn't pull any privileges, you didn't ban me. And IMHO, THAT is why we are the Best Raptor forum going.

As I said, it was I that fostered the issue, and I that was responsible for any confusion. My thanks and admiration goes out to MoltenAZRaptor for his self control and maturity... and to BigJ for his deft handling of what would have turned ugly on a forumz we all know too well.

Falcon

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:salute:Do we have any lawyers on here maybe even the ****house variety??? That there is pretty damn impressive line of BS Falcon you turned that around nicely hehe.........Have you considered a career in politics............just can't do it here on the SVTO

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I think someone is getting a little cranky waiting on his new toy...:tongue: I'm right there with you, Dave!