Tailgate Step Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else with the tailgate step notice that it only touches the rest” or “stop” on one side and flexes on the other?

I ask because on the side without a full stop it actually bends into the plastic trim piece (it’s already a tiny bit deformed) and I’ve only used it a few times. I don’t care about the plastic, just don’t want this thing to give out on me when I’m climbing up/down.

IMG_8500.jpeg
Shows the step hitting the stop on the left.

IMG_8499.jpeg

Shows the gap from hitting the stop on the right.

Normal?

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me my new Raptor doesn’t have the tailgate step, but that “stop” looks broken on that side judging by how yours looks in the photo.

OP
OP
C

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree except there is black paint on the edge! But looking at these pictures now I am wondering if it is just majorly bent??

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On second look it absolutely cold just be bent. Either way, get it replaced. Bending it back would mean it will more than likely be weakened and just bend again.