Power Tailgate Error - Won't open "stow step"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright mine is at the dealership now. We will see what they say.

The negative side of me is thinking they are going to blame the bed cover.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a side question. I had a gen2 years ago. The tail gate handle that pops out... wasnt that spring loaded when you pushed it back into place on the gen2? My handle on my gen3 just seems sloppy vs the gen2 handle. Its like its just sits in the hole loose. I could have sworn the gen2 spring loaded and locked still. Or I am I not remembering how this worked? Mine just seems loose and sloppy like.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be ******.

They can't get the tailgate to release via their computer. The only other way to access what they need to access is through my bed cover which they won't pay for if they have to damage it to release it. I purchased the bed cover from a vendor and not the dealership. The truck is also being serviced at a dealership other than the one I purchased it.

thoughts?

Edit: they are going to try to get a hangar or something in there to pull the release wire. RealTruck said they would potentially warranty the damage.

Last edited: