My take on the Wavetrac Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tasty Rod

Reaction score
@ Wilson

Thanks for the video bro I enjoyed it... Sped through the first little it but what a simple explanation

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AUTOTECHdriveline is proud to announce the release of the Wavetrac® differential to fit 2010 and later SVT Raptor front axles. Wavetrac diffs are made in the USA, and feature patented technology to improve traction. It’s the best way to put down all that power.
Now you can take full advantage of the 4WD without sacrificing anything! The Wavetrac® directly replaces the factory differential without the need to modify any components.

About the Wavetrac:
• Innovative:
Patented Wavetrac® design automatically improves grip in low traction conditions. This feature is truly innovative and unlike any other torque biasing diff design.

• Superior Materials:
9310 steel gears run in case-hardened billet or forged steel bodies. ARP® fasteners used throughout.

• Maintenance Free:
As supplied new, the Wavetrac® differential will perform a lifetime of service without maintenance or rebuilds.

• Customizable:
If desired, you can alter the diff’s behavior to suit your needs using optional components.

• Limited LIFETIME Warranty:
All Wavetrac® differentials include a transferable, Limited Lifetime Warranty.

More info is available at Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:badidea:Wow! Great thread! Big thanks to BigJ for the write up, and Chrisandalex1 for all the opportunities afforded to BigJ (or BJ for short maybe???).

Is there a forum distributor we can get pricing through, or should we hit up Wavetrac directly? This is on my to-do mod list for sure.

Now to explain to the wife why I need a part to make my bad ass 4x4 actually a 4x4. :badidea:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not the most technical guy so forgive me here...is this just like limited slip on the road from a driving perspective and the fit be set so minimal shims etc needed? I hate gear wine and had to battle when I put in a trutrac in my gt500 to minimize that for ever.

I definitely see the plus for this design but will be interested in hearing the on road performance as well as off road. How is the system tied into the tune since this doesn't need the braking etc...would a tune adjustment be needed too?

Very cool design...well above my iq

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not the most technical guy so forgive me here...is this just like limited slip on the road from a driving perspective and the fit be set so minimal shims etc needed? I hate gear wine and had to battle when I put in a trutrac in my gt500 to minimize that for ever.

I definitely see the plus for this design but will be interested in hearing the on road performance as well as off road. How is the system tied into the tune since this doesn't need the braking etc...would a tune adjustment be needed too?

You should call Dana Clark at wavetrac and talk to him.. He will be glad to explain how it will work for your application.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FWIW, my Evo has a Wavetrac front diff and there's no noise from it at all.

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any word on a group buy yet? i just picked up a 2010 a couple weeks ago after reading this thread im thinking this will be the first mod i do.