Suggestions on 6.2 engine mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only problem with those is your not just dumping nice clean oil into the crankcase. It is full of water, a milky mess on many engines. Depending on your driving, you might not need to check and empty except every oil change.

Makes sense, i ran it in my Harley truck for 5 years without no probs. Running mobile1 of course though.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors tow fine. I have a 31ft travel trailer that goes right up to the weight rating. With an equalizer hitch, towing it into Mexico, I had zero problems. I may or may not have done some minor mods that others would disagree with, but I only gave up an inch of up travel. For me it was worth it. I don't think they were necessary, in retrospect.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors tow fine. I have a 31ft travel trailer that goes right up to the weight rating. With an equalizer hitch, towing it into Mexico, I had zero problems. I may or may not have done some minor mods that others would disagree with, but I only gave up an inch of up travel. For me it was worth it. I don't think they were necessary, in retrospect.

Fine for towing light loads. The problem is, Depending on the skidsteer size, many of them weigh 10,000 lbs. alone. And you need a heavy duty trailer for them so add atleast another 1,000-2,000 lbs. for the trailer and you are significantly overweight

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What model skidsteer do you have?

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO.. An intake, tune, and exhaust will be plenty for ya power wise. I'm curious if anyone has done any significant towing with a sc? Dont think i've seen any threads on here regarding it. Some +2 progressive rate springs in the rear would be good for the extra weight as well, or you can go all out with RPG as was reccomended above me. If you tow a ton, one company makes a bag setup as well (I think that's what AZscooter was referencing). But as long as you're under the weight capacity you'll be fine. If your focus was on towing im sure you would of bought the F250, but as you haven't, I assume you enjoy offroading as well. Speak with the manufacturers directly and they'll set you up with exactly what you want/need.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO.. An intake, tune, and exhaust will be plenty for ya power wise. I'm curious if anyone has done any significant towing with a sc? Dont think i've seen any threads on here regarding it. Some +2 progressive rate springs in the rear would be good for the extra weight as well, or you can go all out with RPG as was reccomended above me. If you tow a ton, one company makes a bag setup as well (I think that's what AZscooter was referencing). But as long as you're under the weight capacity you'll be fine. If your focus was on towing im sure you would of bought the F250, but as you haven't, I assume you enjoy offroading as well. Speak with the manufacturers directly and they'll set you up with exactly what you want/need.

As with anything, "it's all relative". What's the difference between "mo powa" and "MO POWA!!!" ?

image_zpsf0271656.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
korbendallas

korbendallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fine for towing light loads. The problem is, Depending on the skidsteer size, many of them weigh 10,000 lbs. alone. And you need a heavy duty trailer for them so add atleast another 1,000-2,000 lbs. for the trailer and you are significantly overweight

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What model skidsteer do you have?

The Bobcat is a s175 and the HD trailer is a 16ft Titan. I only tow the Bobcat once or twice a year, the broken delivery vehicles a little more than I would like.))