Texas Engine Builder Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prestex

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a trusted engine builder here in Texas. Roush 6.2 let go a few months ago and my search for engine builders has come up short with only one or two shops able to do it that are either +6 months out on work or far too expensive. Would prefer to rebuild but if I cant find a builder it looks like ill be going to a motor from Ford.

Side note, has anyone seen any successful 7.3 swaps into Gen 1's? Looking at all options.

James

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a trusted engine builder here in Texas. Roush 6.2 let go a few months ago and my search for engine builders has come up short with only one or two shops able to do it that are either +6 months out on work or far too expensive. Would prefer to rebuild but if I cant find a builder it looks like ill be going to a motor from Ford.

Side note, has anyone seen any successful 7.3 swaps into Gen 1's? Looking at all options.

James
What? I've never heard of someone trying to use the 7.3 in anything. How bizarre.

Expensive engine building? no way!

Send it, and a blank check, to texas speed or do it yourself.

Welcome to the forum i guess.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not much help, but try asking on a texas fb group as that may have more answers. Maybe some Lightning guys know some there if theres any groups you can find.

As far as successful 7.3 swaps i think the biggest hurdle is getting the computers talking to the truck, and i dont think youll be saving much money there and may in fact a lot more. Also not entirely sure if the 6r80 hooks up to it, trans swap + driveshaft change etc etc.

OP
OP
P

Prestex

Reaction score
What? I've never heard of someone trying to use the 7.3 in anything. How bizarre.

Expensive engine building? no way!

Send it, and a blank check, to texas speed or do it yourself.

Welcome to the forum i guess.

There are a few guys who have done it. But not without a lot of work. Its a newer production motor so it will take time for guys to figure out, but it will be around longer and easier to get parts than the 6.2

I think there are probably options other than a blank check build or DIY. If you wanna have more money in your engine than the actual truck that is your business but this is daily driven truck that just needs to reliable.

Thanks for the welcome but ive been here since 2013 ;)

Im not much help, but try asking on a texas fb group as that may have more answers. Maybe some Lightning guys know some there if theres any groups you can find.

As far as successful 7.3 swaps i think the biggest hurdle is getting the computers talking to the truck, and i dont think youll be saving much money there and may in fact a lot more. Also not entirely sure if the 6r80 hooks up to it, trans swap + driveshaft change etc etc.

Yeah im gonna throw up a few posts on Fb as well.

The 7.3 swap is more out of curiosity. Wiring/Harness seems to be the main issue but fixable. From what ive heard the 6r80 bolts up to it. Would not be something I would consider if I was trying to save money. Just depends how much more expensive it would be. I follow 7.3raptor on IG who has done the swap into a Gen 2.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
There are a few guys who have done it. But not without a lot of work. Its a newer production motor so it will take time for guys to figure out, but it will be around longer and easier to get parts than the 6.2

I think there are probably options other than a blank check build or DIY. If you wanna have more money in your engine than the actual truck that is your business but this is daily driven truck that just needs to reliable.

Thanks for the welcome but ive been here since 2013 ;)

Yeah im gonna throw up a few posts on Fb as well.

The 7.3 swap is more out of curiosity. Wiring/Harness seems to be the main issue but fixable. From what ive heard the 6r80 bolts up to it. Would not be something I would consider if I was trying to save money. Just depends how much more expensive it would be. I follow 7.3raptor on IG who has done the swap into a Gen 2.
Yea i saw that. maybe make a introduction post, never too late!
also, theres an entire thread on putting a 7.3 into a gen1.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I would (or inevitably will heh) start:

Strange their website says Jasper, IN (probably main office) but Google says local (warehouse maybe?):
Screenshot 2023-12-22 090805.jpg

Also, didn't know Circle D Transmission (on my short list if trans explodes) also sells Jasper and is nearby:
Screenshot 2023-12-22 091116.jpg

Anyway, from what I've read about Jasper Engines the do also offer an "upgrade" on the valve springs, not exactly sure if they are Ti or what. Also not sure if they have available a Raptor/F150 6.2L (any F150 6.2L has the same cams, F250 is different) or if they would have to rebuild yours. But if you go with them let us know, good luck!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter