stealthfrc's oxford white build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merlin69

Reaction score
Nice build! I just picked my Oxford White Gen2 up Saturday. After seeing your truck, I'm going to wrap my roof as well. It looks great! Just gotta find a vinyl installer in my town and get the windows tinted this weekend. I also love the "Stormtrooper" white/black combo and will have that theme throughout my truck, which is why I got the hood graphics but not the bedside ones. After seeing your truck, I wish I wouldn't have gotten the hood graphics because I like the stripe you have going down the center. Did you buy it, or have your vinyl guy that did the roof do it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice build! I just picked my Oxford White Gen2 up Saturday. After seeing your truck, I'm going to wrap my roof as well. It looks great! Just gotta find a vinyl installer in my town and get the windows tinted this weekend. I also love the "Stormtrooper" white/black combo and will have that theme throughout my truck, which is why I got the hood graphics but not the bedside ones. After seeing your truck, I wish I wouldn't have gotten the hood graphics because I like the stripe you have going down the center. Did you buy it, or have your vinyl guy that did the roof do it?

Thanks bud, I wanted it to match my 2015 mustang. I love white with black.
The center stripe is from https://rappygraphics.com/collections/gen-2-hood-graphics/products/2017-center-hood-stripe

This is the one I have in the pics, it's ok but I didn't like the fact it still had white showing around the center vent so I had him make me a new one. With the new one I HIgHlY recommend a professional installer, takes some experience to get it nice. The center vent needs to be removed and it's also not an easy task but I'll tell you one thing, it looks 1000 times better without that white showing around the vent. I'll have to get a new pic. I just had it installed today.

An experienced vinyl installer could make you that center stripe, they have this Kevlar tape stuff that you lay down under the vinyl and it will cut it after. It's neat stuff, either way works, see what you installer would prefer.

Merlin69

Reaction score
Yea the re-worked vinyl on the hood looks great! You were right not being able to see any white makes a big difference. I'm getting my windows tinted right now. 5% all the way around and I just ordered a roll of 3M Gloss Black Vinyl to wrap the roof like yours and I found a guy locally that lives near me is going to wrap it for $100. I think that's fair. I'm going to show him a picture of your hood and see if he can do it for. I'll post some pictures when it's done.

Merlin69

Reaction score
The 5' x 6' roll is $56.85 on Amazon, and the installer is going to charge me $100. That would put me $156.85 total for a Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof. That seems like a good deal to me, what do you think?

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5' x 6' roll is $56.85 on Amazon, and the installer is going to charge me $100. That would put me $156.85 total for a Gloss Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof. That seems like a good deal to me, what do you think?

As long Long he is good that's a good deal.

Merlin69

Reaction score
As long Long he is good that's a good deal.

I ordered the vinyl today and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. The vinyl man has a shop and has done a lot of full truck wraps, so I'm confident he'll do a good job and should be a quick easy job for him. I'm excited to get it done. It looks great on your truck, and I think it'll look even better in person. The tint turned out great yesterday! Stealthfcr what is going to be your next mod?

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the cost and what you had done. I cant wait to wrap my truck up.

thanks, obviously cost's will vary but it gives people and idea of what to expect.

I ordered the vinyl today and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. The vinyl man has a shop and has done a lot of full truck wraps, so I'm confident he'll do a good job and should be a quick easy job for him. I'm excited to get it done. It looks great on your truck, and I think it'll look even better in person. The tint turned out great yesterday! Stealthfcr what is going to be your next mod?

good deal. you will love it. pics don't capture the true look of these trucks, they look so much better in person. best thing about vinyl is if you don't like it or get sick of it you can just remove it.
the shop that installed it said i should expect a few years out of it before it should be replaced. it all depends how much time the truck spends in the sun/outside in the elements.

i have a set of OEM beadlocks in route that i just purchased. i plan on doing some powder coating and a few other little touches to them to make them stand out more.

i just finished installing a set of back up lights that i wired to the upfitter switches.
baja designs s2 pro's.
IMG_6637_zpsbmxf854h.jpg

IMG_6621_zpshdldyatj.jpg

IMG_6620_zpse7adm5ks.jpg