Shipping a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
Have you tried Uship? If you know how to gauge feedback you might find a reliable carrier at a reasonable rate. I shipped my 2010 Scab from Houston to Chicago for $725 open bed, no problems whatsoever. I avoided the Brokers and went with a small carrier who takes no more than 2 vehicles at a time.

I did try uShip first actually, but I got so many varied prices (from $1000 to $2200) and so many I couldn't find any info on it made me pause. I was even getting unsolicited text messages. Finally I tried to reach out to a company, and then learned some company had effectively posted they were processing my load so everyone else wanted nothing to do with it. I'd never communicated with them at all. I sent a nastigram and they fixed it. Then I looked more into uShip and heard a lot of bitterness about how much their take is and how that made it bad and unappealing for carriers at otherwise decent rates. So I kinda stopped watching it. If it does in fact work I certainly have nothing against it. Just trying to make it a win-win.

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
I'll take a look at them as well. Funny thing is I was definitely even thinking geez, I wonder if I need to get it on a ship out of Boston headed for Port of Long Beach/LA.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll take a look at them as well. Funny thing is I was definitely even thinking geez, I wonder if I need to get it on a ship out of Boston headed for Port of Long Beach/LA.

Only took 13 days to get from Bremerhaven to Baltimore and that was with three stops in between.

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
Since ya'll have been so helpful I wanted to provide an update. My Raptor is still sitting on the dealer lot waiting for a carrier to agree to pick it up. Thanks to the help of Donna (DILLIGAF here on FRF) I've been put in touch with a dealer accounts rep at Rite Way and he's been really engaged in trying to help me. Unfortunately, he's had a few carriers pass already because of the "Raptor thing", but I remain hopeful. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll let ya'll know if and when we find someone to ship it out here.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uship is loaded with many unreliable shippers and not very good ones. Plus, one of the biggest bidders on uship is actually a broker and sells your shipment to someone else so now there is more than one involved. Would not use this service

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
Fist pump!

Just wanted to pop back into the thread to let everyone know my Raptor showed up last night!!! Kids love it, I love it, wife is scared of it, but loves that I love it! Thanks again to everyone here for the encouragement, but especially to Donna at All American Ford in NJ and Jason at Rite Way for helping me get the Raptor from central NH to SoCal. Can't recommend them enough!

Look forward to being a part of this community, and if I can ever help anyone send a shout out!!