Sent just a little too hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yesterday I was putting around and I drove past a dead end where saw a long dirt trail that went around it. I immediately wanted to hit that sucker hard, and I had the truck going at least 50 at one point! The surface started to deteriorate a bit and I was focusing on the road, and didn't notice that it turned. Then before I knew it there was a ditch concealed by vegetation and in she went.

The road was nice and dry when I hit the trail, but by the time my help arrived it had of course started to rain and the clay road turned to snot. My help was a 2wd dually tow truck that was crab walking in that nasty stuff, but it gave the Rap just enough help to dig itself out! It all could've been so much worse. To top it off my truck is in great shape, and the help only cost $100. Still cleaning all this crap up. Had to take off both drivers side wheels because there was mud packed in the brakes. Now just mostly focused on the inside the truck trying to get it dried out and clean.

Lesson learned: slow tf down until you know the road!

Attachments

• 20230706_114908.jpg
    20230706_114908.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 20230706_115947.jpg
    20230706_115947.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 20230706_204623.jpg
    20230706_204623.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 184
OP
OP
ThirtyAughtTex
Reaction score
Wow, you are fortunate!
I'd have taken being fortunate enough not to fall in in the first place! But if it's gonna hit the fan, this was certainly the most desirable outcome! Worst I got was out $100 and several hours of clean up. Still can't believe it was so cheap to get a yank.

OP
OP
ThirtyAughtTex
Reaction score
#whenindoubtthrottleout
If you can't tell from the way the truck looks: I tried like hell, but she wasn't clawing out of that clay without help. The truck just kept leaning further into the mud and more and more water was getting in so I stopped and called for an assist. I had no gear either because this was just a goofy spur of the moment excursion. Good lesson learned, and glad I wasn't very far from the road!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can't tell from the way the truck looks: I tried like hell, but she wasn't clawing out of that clay without help. The truck just kept leaning further into the mud and more and more water was getting in so I stopped and called for an assist. I had no gear either because this was just a goofy spur of the moment excursion. Good lesson learned, and glad I wasn't very far from the road!
My quote was more to @Muchmore comment. Don’t brake into obstacles and if you go off the “road” keep the wheels straight.

Not so much once you are hung up.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It won't be your last, you will learn to carry gear all the time because, like me you can't control stupid on wheels :doh2::doh2:

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have taken being fortunate enough not to fall in in the first place! But if it's gonna hit the fan, this was certainly the most desirable outcome! Worst I got was out $100 and several hours of clean up. Still can't believe it was so cheap to get a yank.
Yea yanks are usually way more expensive ;)