Regret getting Supercab over Supercrew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor is a supercrew and I love the extra room and the 4 doors. I have a Silverado extended cab (same as a scab) and I always find it very annoying to have to open the front door and then the rear door to simply put something in the back. With kids, I would hate it. Having owned my extended cab for a long while is what made me get a crew with my Raptor.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only time a scab is a pain is if there's a vehicle parked close and you need to open the rear door. Full size adults have enough room in the back seat. I've sat 5 in my scabs a few times.. it's not a problem, but yeah they won't be stretched out like a limousine. The smaller fuel tank is good for 300mi usually and I have no regrets after searching the country for the 2019 scab I got 400 miles from home..Snapchat-1165729314.jpg

txmxer

Reaction score
The supercabs are awesome, I would probably have one as a dedicated offroad toy. Ive had a few extended cabs in the past and theyre fun when its just you and one other person or people can squeeze in the cab. Depends on your needs for the truck. For me, its a nice 4x4 to go to the lake, offroad trips, and mountain trips. You get a lot more space with a supercrew to take people places, put dogs in the back if you have any, and you get increased towing capacity.

The money savings is nice though, just depends what you plan to do with the truck. Ive always wished I went crew cab when I had extended cab. If you have an suv for trips with more people then maybe your needs are different.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first Raptor was a SCAB (2017). I think a better looking vehicle. But our Labrador and stuff was cramped back there and I did hate the way the rear doors worked in parking lots etc. Switched to a '19 SCREW and now have a Gen 3. Love the room in the back, gives us more options. As others have pointed out - bigger gas tank and better resale on the SCREW. It's one extra foot length wise, but feels a whole lot different in the cab.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Scab (2012) and had a 2016 Crew (FX4). Liked the extra room but definitely like the Scab. No kids, almost 80 so probably won't have anymore. Dog rides in back. No reason to have a family car. Prefer a sports car!!