Front Coil Over Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy Y’all,

Picked up a set of UCA from Camburg on black Friday.

Reading through the instructions and the coil needs to be removed in order to reposition the Live Valve hardware on the frame for “accurate geometry” off the new arm.

Has anyone removed the coil IRL? Had Baja HQ install my perch collars because… with age, I’m getting lazy.

Just putting feelers out there to see if there’s any fellow wrenchers who can either advise for or against, i’ve built a couple of mid-travel rigs in my day but nothing as complex as a live valve Gen 3.

I‘m also wondering if I can maybe get away with just resetting ride height on the truck with Forscan instead of everything mentioned above.

Any help is appreciated !

IMG_3551.jpeg

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s an IRL? Are talking about the coil spring on the shock or that barrel that goes over the live valve part of the shock? I removed the original shocks and installed Eibachs and then removed the original shocks to install Fox Factory. That’s the extent of my experience, so far from being a professional. I’ve never recalibrated my ride height sensors and it seems to ride fine to me.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s an IRL? Are talking about the coil spring on the shock or that barrel that goes over the live valve part of the shock? I removed the original shocks and installed Eibachs and then removed the original shocks to install Fox Factory. That’s the extent of my experience, so far from being a professional. I’ve never recalibrated my ride height sensors and it seems to ride fine to me.
IRL = in real life.

I can answer PART of the question - i have removed my live valves before. If you have air tools or atleast a 20v impact, it'll help as the Raptor has some large bolts down there that are going to require a breaker bar even with a 20v impact. The top 3 bolts for the shock are a pain in the ass to get to and will help if you have a ratchet wrench. Since you've removed shocks before, its basically just that.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the Keep it Dirty channel on YouTube. There is a tutorial video on removing the front shock/ spring assembly. If you look for Fox Factory Race Series installation instructions online, it gives torque values for reinstallation. The lower shock bolt is 400lb+

OP
OP
erniecsays

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the Keep it Dirty channel on YouTube. There is a tutorial video on removing the front shock/ spring assembly. If you look for Fox Factory Race Series installation instructions online, it gives torque values for reinstallation. The lower shock bolt is 400lb+
Much appreciated, seems straightforward enough just looked liked a fair amount of work upon first glance.

Thankfully there are lifts air tools etc, at my disposal.

For what it’s worth and for anyone else installing uppers where you need to reposition the the Live Valve sensor linkage: I’m pretty sure the drill template provided can be bolted on the reverse side of the frame anchor point… if the fender liner is removed the new holes can be drilled without having to remove the coil.

IMG_0257.png

I’ll dig further and post an update if doable since that saves a ton of time.